Shoes for work

You don't need to spend a packet to get nice Loakes for work. I tend to save my 1880s for out-of-work and use these for work:

These can all be had for +/- £100, and I can recommend checking out Loake's special offers page and their eBay store...

little update - I got myself some Loakes.

Opted for loake Keates - they are the 1880 range so well pleased. Shop are just waiting for them to arrive in my size.

Now got to learn how tolook after a pair of shoes!!

Stevie17 said:
There is only one pair of shoes to buy and that is Church's they will last you for years if you look after them.
Stevie17 retired IFA

Any of the quality English-made brands are a good option - Church's and Loake of course, but also Alfred Sargent, Barker, Cheaney, Crockett & Jones, Grenson, Sanders, Trickers...

Clifford said:
Stevie17 said:
There is only one pair of shoes to buy and that is Church's they will last you for years if you look after them.
Stevie17 retired IFA

Any of the quality English-made brands are a good option - Church's and Loake of course, but also Alfred Sargent, Barker, Cheaney, Crockett & Jones, Grenson, Sanders, Trickers...

The loakes were only just in my budget, but I really have discovered yet another whole new addictive purchasing hobby!!

I have three pairs of Barker shoes, and as above I rotate them daily to let them dry out. Lovely shoes with top quality grain and they polish up to a glossy shine using parade gloss.

Don't use cheap polish.

I was going to get loakes polish to try and keep them decent, and even buy a shoe horn as I always just ram my feet in my shoes!!

The biggest issue will be letting them dry out as I can only justify the one pair for the time being... will be keeping an eye out on ebay for a second pair for 'regular' use and then keep these for days when im seeing clients I think!

Back
Top Bottom