Show us your slants

I'll have to check on my two adjustable diagonals but these have different heads from what you'd expect from Zaiss. Ebor I'm on the lookout for.

I've used the 37c and didn't go much on it? Wondering if the extra weight would have helped? There seemed to be quite a bit of blade chatter and felt skittish on the skin? Shame it's not a 3 piece and able to change and swap handles.

I've not tried a 37C to compare to, but it does feel nicely 'balanced' in as much as the weight distribution (in comparison to say my wifes Edwin Jagger and the R41 I used from the passaround) favours the head ever so slightly whilst maintaining a comfortable holding position, which I think lends itself to a great shave.

NOS (at least when I puchased it) Mulcuto diagonal in plastic:
DSC01298.JPG

DSC01307.JPG

Same model as shown by @Whosthedaddy. One of my closest shaving DE's, as long as negative pressure is applied and the angle is correct. Change one of those two variables and you're in for a peeling.

Last edited:
Mulcuto diagonal in plastic (same as above) next to its metal-plastic brother:
DSC01649.JPG

The metal/plastic razor weighs in at 50 grams and, for me, shaves not as nice as the plastic razor: as said, diagonals oughta be as light as possible.
I've seen pictures of Mulcutoleaflets claiming these diagonals to be "Doppelschräg": One side is aggressive one side is not. That might be true.
There also exist an all-metal Mulcuto and a Mulcuto slant, both of which I still aim to get one day.

Last edited:
iKon 102 head, here on metal Mulcuto grip:
DSC03375.JPG

Only the head weighs 46 grams, which is heavy for a diagonal. This is the Mulcuto-head except they made it wider: the short sides of the blade fall well within the head.

Last edited:
Unmarked razor that I was convinced was a DDR-Golf. Recent discussion on the German Gut-Rasiert-forum has cast some doubt on both dating and branding of this razor:
DSC01434.JPG

53 grams, not a good shaver.

Last edited:
Already shown in its own thread, a plastic (not bakelite) art-deco Golf slant:
DSC03408.JPG

Forgot to weigh it. Blade exposure you can shelter for the rain under, blade gap you can drive a truck through.

That Golf razor is quite the looker with that handle.

Unmarked razor that I was convinced was a DDR-Golf. Recent discussion on the German Gut-Rasiert-forum has cast some doubt on both dating and branding of this razor:
DSC01434.JPG

53 gramms, not a good shaver.

Is it the design that makes it a poor shave or the technique / angle that has to be adopted to use it?

NOS Lutz slant:
DSC01700.JPG

This razor has two sides with distinct aggressions: one comb is more coarsely ribbed then the other. Weighs 66 grams if I remember correctly and has no mrakings on the razor anywhere.
This exact same razor was sold under different brandnames (Lutz and Romi are just two) and with a slightly differing top-cap as (amongst others) Oska and Emir. The latter are 4 grams lighter.
From left to right Lutz, unknown, Oska, Romi:
DSC01910_1.JPG

The unknown and the Romi I no longer own.

Last edited:
Fasan slant:
DSC01671.JPG

DSC01673.JPG

DSC01675.JPG

37gr, a (considering the open comb) surprisingly mild razor that is nonetheless very efficient. It does have serious alignment-issues though and when not properly aligned, the shave is unpleasant.

Fasan slant:
DSC01671.JPG

DSC01673.JPG

DSC01675.JPG

37gr, a (considering the open comb) surprisingly mild razor that is nonetheless very efficient. It does have serious alignment-issues though and when not properly aligned, the shave is unpleasant.

That's some torquing of the blade, or does it look more extreme due to the different colours on the baseplate and top cap? Is it a later model judging by the design of the handle?

Back
Top Bottom