Silly question?

Hi all

I know this might be a strange question but.......

Do people find that they shave less when they have used shaving creams as opposed to shaving soaps?

I ask because when I use creams, I tend to be able to go longer between shaves.

Is it just me or do others find this as well.

Thanks

Mark

Not a silly question, just one not easily answered. You've poked @Fergiebilly under his kilt by even admitting you use creams, and not tallow-based soaps. He's probably waved his junk at you in the time-honoured Scottish tradition, signifying his abject contempt for all things creams. I'm trying to come up with a helpful answer, but I think it all comes down to YMMV. Each of us reacts differently to soaps and creams, and their individual ingredients.

No, maybe next time i'll keep the question to myself.....
Sorry, I didn't mean to put you off asking questions. It's not a silly question at all it was me that was being daft.

For the life of me I can't figure out why there might be a difference. That's probably more a reflection on my own lack of knowledge though rather than on your own experience.

Possibly an increase in slide at the expense of cushion could be what's happening. This would potentially give a closer, but riskier shave.

I notice this sometimes with creams.

I've noticed that some soaps don't fill me with confidence, leading me to be more wary with my razor, which means I don't get as close a shave. This covers creams too. Perhaps the soaps you're comparing your creams to just aren't as good, and you're finding similar things to me?

I've noticed that some soaps don't fill me with confidence, leading me to be more wary with my razor, which means I don't get as close a shave. This covers creams too. Perhaps the soaps you're comparing your creams to just aren't as good, and you're finding similar things to me?

Think you've hit the nail on the head. I know what you mean regarding being wary. With cream i tend to know exactly where the blade is in relation to the hair. Not always so with soap.

Back
Top Bottom