Simpson Sommerset brush instructions and video.

I have received a Simpson Sommerset (gorgeous by the way) Harvard 3 best badger from member AABCDS, and with it came this brush instructions (something that Vulfix should consider to add again with the brushes) where you can clearly see how Simpson recommended to use the brush while making lather on the face.I have found myself,and thanks to the video that I add from du212,that painting strokes works really well,even better than I was expecting it and I can use pure badger brushes with no fear of exfoliating or irritating my skin really bad.

These are some pics of the instructions :

P1230364.jpg

P1230365.jpg

And this is the video of du212 making lather with painting strokes.He uses Palmolive shaving stick,and almost shave with the lather he made using his hands,but later makes the painting strokes and create a lot of lather (the video is in spanish,but really easy to understand and watch)

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcTguJhwchA[/video]

I think Simpson meant much lighter strokes than José used (I'm all for doing it like José is doing it though, becuase that's the nicest way and most efficient way, in my mind). I may have missunderstood something though, it happens all the time :D

Without wishing to offend Gary Young should he read this discussion, perhaps Vulfix consider the old Simpsons instructions a little unnecessary or overly fussy? After all, could anyone other than Simpsons and maybe Plisson get away with instructing their customers on how they should use such expensive brushes?

chrisbell said:
Without wishing to offend Gary Young should he read this discussion, perhaps Vulfix consider the old Simpsons instructions a little unnecessary or overly fussy? After all, could anyone other than Simpsons and maybe Plisson get away with instructing their customers on how they should use such expensive brushes?

No offence taken! Different era! But I do agree that not many companies could get away with it! ;)

Gary

Teiste said:
I have received a Simpson Sommerset (gorgeous by the way) Harvard 3 best badger from member AABCDS, and with it came this brush instructions (something that Vulfix should consider to add again with the brushes) where you can clearly see how Simpson recommended to use the brush while making lather on the face.I have found myself,and thanks to the video that I add from du212,that painting strokes works really well,even better than I was expecting it and I can use pure badger brushes with no fear of exfoliating or irritating my skin really bad.

These are some pics of the instructions :

P1230364.jpg

P1230365.jpg

And this is the video of du212 making lather with painting strokes.He uses Palmolive shaving stick,and almost shave with the lather he made using his hands,but later makes the painting strokes and create a lot of lather (the video is in spanish,but really easy to understand and watch)

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcTguJhwchA[/video]

If those are painting strokes, I'm not letting him loose on my walls!

Back
Top Bottom