Simpsons Beaufort B1 - Pure Badger

Simpson Beaufort B1

Ok, this is my first badger brush, and I went for a good brand, but a cheapish model, since I wasn't sure on the whole badger business..
I bought it from Badger & Hone, when the did there special offer for TSR members, and then I managed to get another 15% off when they did their end of summer discount. (I'm a cheap bastard!)

After discounts, I paid 12,75 GBP for it (excluding P&P), which in my opinion is damn good. Current price is 21 GBP, that's almost 40% off..... :lol: (Beat that SunburryBoy93!)

So anyway, first of all it's a nice change to have a brush that's wrapped in a nice box and paper, not heat sealed in some plastic :D
My first reaction was how soft badger is compared to boar.. So no waiting around I rinsed it in hot water a few times, then let it soak while I took my shower.

Since I forgot to soak my hard soap (I was planning on using L'Occitanie Cade), I decided to go with one of my favorites.. Nanny's Lavender.

The brush lathered up quickly, and I had almost no lather left in my bowl :shock:

Instead of my usual "painting" strokes, I decided to use swirling movements. (the boars I have are to rough for that), WOW again.. like a face massage :D
Anyway, a lovely brush, looks the part too, although it's the small compared to my other ones.

The only downside, the handle is a tad small, still have to get used to that.

FB.

DSC_2517.jpg

I too, picked up one of these at the special price offered by Badger & Hone. A fine example of how to present information about a brush:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.badgerandhone.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=35&product_id=52" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.badgerandhone.com/shop/index ... duct_id=52</a><!-- m -->

This is a great little brush. Exceptional quality as with all Simpsons brushes. I tested it with Proraso soap. It whipped up super lather. I painted it on then had a good scrub and circular motion massage before smoothing over. A very efficient performer. Excellent backbone and although a little of the prickliness that goes with pre badger it was quite comfortable. Using a brush like this helps you to understand the enthusiasm for smaller shorter lofted brushes for face lathering. You really are in complete control of the brush and the lather. Something like this has a place in any small collection of brushes. Even at the full price of around £20 this is good value.

Back
Top Bottom