Slant

How good or bad for that matter are Hoffritz's?
Most Hoffritz slants were made by Merkur and are basically 37-clones. As are Coles and some Pomco-razors. Great shavers (tried 37c, one Pomco and two Hoffritz so far), but they won't outperform the 37c because that's basically what they are (*)
If you want to try a slant, get a 37c. If you like your razors heavy, get a 39c. If you like those and care for vintage, start looking at Hoffritz, or go out and try something entirely different :)
(*)Pomco made some weird other stuff, and Hoffritz also has a Fasan-based doubleslant. They should perform different, but since I don't own these (yet) I can't say anything about them. The Hoffritz travelkit has a Merkurhead, but I haven't shaved with mine yet.

I have a Hoffritz - silver plated after I bought it - one of the best looking razors ever, if only because the art-deco way the name is spelt is far better than Merkur. I have no idea whether it shaves any different.

I have the Ikon 102 which I picked up at a really good price off the BST. I can recommend it without hesitation. Brilliant razor and mild enough for most. If you see one at a decent price get it. :)

Back
Top Bottom