Slickboys customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said it’s not a huge issue it’s overhanging on one side of the tub but when unscrewing it caught my hand almost pulling it off which is not what I want, some people might not mind but I see presentation as part of what you are paying for at £27 a tub and don’t want one that the label comes off of leaving it looking less than desirable, I have a diagnosed medical condition of OCD and maybe it’s just me but it’s a huge trigger. He did confirm that the others are not like this so I don’t see why I should pay as much as everyone else and be left with a defective one just the way I am I’m afraid, he didn’t deny that it shouldn’t be like this but just said they don’t have a free returns service and that it’s down to the customer to pay any returns costs for replacement

here’s a photo

View attachment 68134
If you end up keeping this, lay the lid label down on a chopping board and go round the edge with a Stanley knife. It won't cure the off-centre look but should stop the potential label damage you mentioned.

It's a tough one. I get what you're saying in terms of presentation and the impact on your OCD but arguably the soap still achieves its 'design intent'. As an example, Amazon will charge you for returns if the product is not defective and you want to return it. I've no dog in this fight but thought it worthwhile providing a different perspective on it.

Interestingly my issue with Slickboys is that they're prepared to sell US soaps that have not yet achieved the required certification for use in the UK & EU (although some of them have subsequently gained this).
Interesting, this can not be legal, selling US soaps without certification!
Not just poor customer service then.

Paul.

If you end up keeping this, lay the lid label down on a chopping board and go round the edge with a Stanley knife. It won't cure the off-centre look but should stop the potential label damage you mentioned.
For £27.00 I would want my label front and center too especially as Jay was told none of the other stock had this defect.
There should have been no argument, it should have gone something like this....... We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction please send it back and we will send you another one and refund your postal costs.

Paul.

For £27.00 I would want my label front and center too especially as Jay was told none of the other stock had this defect.
There should have been no argument, it should have gone something like this....... We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction please send it back and we will send you another one and refund your postal costs.

Paul.
It's £29.50+ to guarantee centred labels

Thank you for that suggestion if I do end up lumbered with the tub with the sloppy label I will give this a go

Paul.
That’s was pretty much how it went Paul but followed by you as the customer will be liable for postage costs as we don’t offer a free returns service that was after he told me to post it back to the address given and I requested a free returns label then he conveniently vanished off the face of the earth

That’s was pretty much how it went Paul but followed by you as the customer will be liable for postage costs as we don’t offer a free returns service that was after he told me to post it back to the address given and I requested a free returns label then he conveniently vanished off the face of the earth
Maybe chalk this up to a bad experience and don't give them your money again, they won't be getting any of mine, it's not good when a company says even if we are in the wrong you still need to pay to get the goods back to us!

Paul.

That doesn't sound like good customer service when you would feel "lumbered" if you had to keep it.

Paul.
Not at all but that’s honestly how I’m left feeling like I drew the short straw and happened to be the one that got lumbered with the defective tub, don’t get me wrong it’s a beautiful scent but it really spoilt it for me. Quality control obviously doesn’t exist there they clearly just live in hope that the customer just shuts up and puts up

Not at all but that’s honestly how I’m left feeling like I drew the short straw and happened to be the one that got lumbered with the defective tub, don’t get me wrong it’s a beautiful scent but it really spoilt it for me. Quality control obviously doesn’t exist there they clearly just live in hope that the customer just shuts up and puts up
Talk to them tomorrow and casually mention trading standards and the uncertified soap they are selling, I bet they have a change of heart then!

Paul

Maybe chalk this up to a bad experience and don't give them your money again, they won't be getting any of mine, it's not good when a company says even if we are in the wrong you still need to pay to get the goods back to us!

Paul.
Yes that is basically what they said they admitted fault and apologised but put the inconvenience and cost on me ! Definitely won’t be ordering again will go to Maggards in future cheaper through them anyway

Sorry to hear about your experience. I've dealt with Slickboys in the past with no issue. However, I would feel the same as you if I was asked to pay to return an item that shouldnt have been sent out, especially at full price. I like my labels and tubs look good too. When I'm paying for anything, its the whole product and package I'm paying for and all of it should be right.

Maybe you should contact the soap maker direct and explain the situation to them. Most of them are usually quite good and understanding when it comes to customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom