Smelling nice etc.

JDE

Seeing as how this board is a little quiet and how we are all such finely scented individuals with amazing taste...
For those that use them, what are your colognes/EdT's? What kind of scents do you like? Anyone searching for a "holy grail" of fragrance?

EDT's I have at the moment. (with pics because I am bored and it's Friday)

Leau D'Issey
5778_fpx.tif

Polo
main

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
LOLITA%20MEN.jpg

A/s :
Diesel Plus Plus
11GS54XAYRL._SL500_AA225_.jpg

Samples:
Proraso
DRH Arlington
Taylor No.74 Victorian Lime

Ditto on the Diesel Plus Plus!

Have used it ever since it came out. Smelled it in Harrods on a rare trip to London 13ish years ago. Splashed out what little money I had on it in the hope of impressing a girl who had agreed to a date the following weekend. I didn't get the girl but I've always had a bottle of the stuff, mainly cos SWMBO likes it.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme is a fragrance I usually use for work.

694635_1_211_1.jpg

Oh, and a recent present from SWMBO...

spanleath__13987.jpg

Nice, nice. How's the Spanish Leather, Pigcat? Does the scent stick around, or is it more of splash and go thing?

I've been a little dissatisfied with my choices in colognes since the warmer weather has been upon us. I just seem to prefer heavier scents in general. I think next year i'll fare a little better, but currently i'm using:

cerruti-1881-m500.jpg

Nice and certainly cheap if you look in the right places, but a little bit too floral/rose-y for me. Quite a lot going on and a little muddled, too.

jazz-ysl-edt.jpg

Again, nice. A bit too quiet for my tastes, though.

guerlain_vetiver_m.bmp

A classic and very nice. I've worn this on and off for a while now and it's probably my favourite vetiver, but I feel I can do better.

I've spent so much "time" (money) on fragrances over the past couple of years that i'm hoping by next year i'll actually be happy with what i'm using. Finally got my Autumn/Winter rotation sorted, so the hard work is kind of done.

my 'Holy Grail' search began after getting in to this grooming lark more seriously

as a young chap i went through the usual suspects

Kouros
Escape
Eternity
Polo Sport - my favourite
Joop
etc

problem was everyone else wore them as well and i wanted to stand out from the crowd.

so after some ofalctory detective work i've settled on T&H Grafton and C&E Sienna for now

Anything from the following;

T&H 1805
T&H Trafalgar
L'Occitane
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet
Penhaligons Hammam Bouquet
Penhaligons Endymion
Richard James
Cerrutti 1881
Calvin Klein Contradiction
Pecksniff Oriental
Pecksniff Fern
Pecksniff Citrus
Pecksniff Leather
Speick
Tabac
DR Harris Pink
Havana

plus a few other odds and sods...blimey that seems like a lot. :eek:

JDE said:
Nice, nice. How's the Spanish Leather, Pigcat? Does the scent stick around, or is it more of splash and go thing?

Pretty good. I am hopeless at describing scents but it seems to have quite low notes that stay nice and smelly most of the day. I also have the Extract of Limes which I think is the splash (bottle doesn't say) and being citrussy does not hang around too long. Very refreshing on your face though!

a more apt description than my wife gave.

you smell like a man, like a big sweaty cowboy who's been in the saddle for days and needs a bath, a shave, a cold beer and a woman

:shock:

Back
Top Bottom