Smells like, fly spray???

Hehehe, :icon_lol:. That's just the trouble, I can't grow one for the life of me! :icon_cry2:

Get 'im, Vinnie, Get 'im!

At least we agree on Paul Smith London. It probably is an age thing but I do love the smell of things like MWF, Old Spice, old ladies stockings, etc.

I havent been impressed with the "Trumpers" ive tried , and "Tobs" even more disappointing , smell like a £3 or £4 pound cheap option , not even in the same league as the normal cheap options tabac/old spice/brute etc

Got a range of testers from trumpers pif'd to me ages back tried very hard to like them but don't.

Prefer "cheap" options like Pashana, Blue Stratos, Tabac, Jovan Musk and Givenchy Gentleman and Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa for dearer ones.

Trumper's Sandalwood is what Morrissey sometimes wears.

There's a Youtube video of him having his hair done there too.

TOBS Mr Taylor's is one of the very best scents I've ever experienced and far from smelling like £3 or £4 cheap option. In a different league? Absolutely, way above the cheap stuff, even Old Spice of which I'm particularly fond. The No.74 lime is miles better than it's T & H equivalent, very refreshing and invigoratingly masculine. Their Sandalwood is 'orrible, though.

Tabac & Pashana belong in the same foul place as Arko - in a bin as far away from me and mine as possible! It's been an awful long time since I was brave enough to have a sniff at Brut but Blue Stratos ticks most boxes whilst not being as good as those TOBS above although it works better on my skin. The Indian Old Spice Fresh Lime is pretty darn good and highly recommended for anyone who likes the Spice of Old. Lasts ages for an AS and again, is very good on the face.

I'd still love to try Trumper's Ajaccio Violets.

For my tuppenceworth, I think Penhaligons fragrances are great, and cover a range of styles from fusty old man smells (Blenheim Bouquet is a fave when I'm feeling a bit Trad), to the flamboyant (Hammam Bouquet - my dad'd say I smell like a tart's windowbox), and the more modern Quercus and Opus 1870 (think smart metrosexual).

Trumpers I find a bit understated, but I think that's their aim. With all fragrances, though, definitely worth wearing them for an hour, as they work differently on different people, and suspend judgement until they've settled. The fly spray or Mr Sheen might deliquesce (lovely word - should use more often) in to a personalised and pleasant signature scent, leaving you suspended in a delicate cloud of classiness.

Gairdner said:
TOBS Mr Taylor's is one of the very best scents I've ever experienced and far from smelling like £3 or £4 cheap option. In a different league? Absolutely, way above the cheap stuff, even Old Spice of which I'm particularly fond. The No.74 lime is miles better than it's T & H equivalent, very refreshing and invigoratingly masculine. Their Sandalwood is 'orrible, though.
I havent tried "Mr Taylors" yet , but the "No.74 lime" on me drys down to a perfect white spirit smell :-/

doheuk said:
With all fragrances, though, definitely worth wearing them for an hour, as they work differently on different people, and suspend judgement until they've settled.
I agree , i would say it can take longer than that , theres some that ive really not liked , then re tried them a few weeks/months later and there great and become a favourite , others ones i like one week and then not the next :icon_rolleyes:

mrlimbo said:
I haven't tried "Mr Taylors" yet , but the "No.74 lime" on me drys down to a perfect white spirit smell :-/

Aye, remember you stating that on a thread about Pinaud Clubman was it? Funny how our skins react so differently to scents.

Penhaligons kit is well beyond my pocket but I love the bottle Castile comes in - looks oh so classy when Jamie pictures it with his SotD.

I wish they still made Pauls Smith London in aftershave but it only comes in 30ml EdT these days. A wondrous scent when I' in the mood for it.

Also, must get round to trying Harris's Pink AS. I understand the rosy scent is fleeting but no matter.

Popped into McEwans in Perth yesterday, they have a pretty decent range from Trumpers, Arran Aromatics and Penhaligons just now.

My wife did not like and Penhaligons, I quite like the Opus 1870.

I am nearly at the bottom of my Floris Elite and 89. On the lookout for something new. I wear Trumpers Eucris when the mood takes me..

Tried a sample of Czech and Speake Cuba which I liked but my wife did not...........

Heading to Dundee this week so the Gentlemans Groom Room will be my first port of call...........

Agree with you on GFT Scents.

TOBS thought - whole other story. Again I agree quite old-fashioned but I think in a good way. The Sandalwood Cologne makes Mrs. Coler say the right things.

Back
Top Bottom