Snuff: anyone use it?

I bought some up in Scotland last week as a curiosity. I had no idea you could still buy the stuff but apparently it still has quite a following. I remember trying it as a kid when my English teacher brought some in to colour a lesson on 18th century England. The stuff certainly wakes you up. Anyone brave enough to admit to using it lol?

I bought some up in Scotland last week as a curiosity. I had no idea you could still buy the stuff but apparently it still has quite a following. I remember trying it as a kid when my English teacher brought some in to colour a lesson on 18th century England. The stuff certainly wakes you up. Anyone brave enough to admit to using it lol?
I have used it before, it's been a while mind. Seem to remember sneezing alot! :)

I'd like to know why there are so many ex snuff-takers here. I've used it alongside prodigious smoking for a long while,although I gave up smoking many years ago. I wouldn't class myself as a heavy snuff-taker, and, if I lived to about 150, wouldn't use up my current stock.
I do have to wash my own cotton handkerchiefs, though. Missus won't.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Use to enjoy Red Bull very much. But, as I live in the USA, I had to order it from the U.K. and it just became a hassle that I tired of doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea I hear USA orders for snuff are hard now thanks to EU/US regs. I like snuff as an occasional attention booster. Some strong toasted snuff like Lundy Foot from Walter Scotts or Toque SP Extra. Sir Walter Scott's Creme de Figue or Gawiths Kendal Brown for a slower fix. I don't use it in public though. I think it would not really go down too well.

A lot of drama in the snuff enthusiasts community at the moment anyway with makers slimming their lines and artisan makers paking up due to Euro and US Tobacco legislation. The only one who seems to be expanding is Toque: no idea how with the ban on "characterizing flavours in the EU leg.

Have to agree they are certainly cutting their lines. I can no longer purchase direct from Germany as a result which is a pain in the backside.

I am rather partial to Bernard's Original (pine menthol) Schmalzer, fortunately can still get it in the UK albeit at a higher price.

Like most of the Schmalzers to be honest.

What's your poison?

Back
Top Bottom