Snuff

A very interesting story behind the Princes snuff, I remember reading somewhere that this snuff (which is very dark,bordering on black) was made as a request from Prince Edward who was later to become King Edward V11. Apparently Brown snuff would show up on his black jacket/waistcoat after the inevitable spillage so he wanted a black snuff so it would'nt be so obvious on his clothing. A very nice snuff but not my favourite of the F&T range.

Johnus said:
Dodgy it bad form to sneeze. Think of it as a delivery system for nicotine. Faster than the other intakes.
Ps(believe the sneeze at our age would make us tinkle, not climax.)

Also I believe it comes flavored for the younger and older sets.

joe mcclaine said:
One of my favourites is Princes Special by Fribourg & Treyer. It smells of Rose, Sandalwood, Musk, Geranium and Bourbon.

Nishy said:
Bechet45 said:
. What is the health deal?

As you suggested bechet your nasal membrane eventually gets annihilated, it's just another delivery mechanism for nicotine. Hey I gave up smoking for my 30th birthday its been 20 days (pure willpower) got frustrated at the healthy smoking alternatives being provided.

Sadly John, you're hitting too close to home with that peeing remark. Man, once I turned 60 things started going south a bit in that department. Sheeesh, as a kid there was no problem waiting 7-8 hours to piss. Now........heh, seems like fiction now. My favorite uncle would often do a pee pee dance when he needed to go and was in a hurry (which was often). I still remember thinking to myself that ain't ever gonna be me. Heh, being a fisherman, that guy pissed in some odd places.

So the snuff is like vaping then. It's a way to get a hit of vitamin N. I can see it if there's no other option, but otherwise.....nope.

So Vinnie, the snuff you like is somewhat similar to an aromatic (flavored) pipe tobacco. Nothing you'd find in the wild.

Nishy, congrats on going Cold Turkey with the smoking. First few months are the toughest and then you're home free. Heh, I have done it more than once. Until a year and a half ago, the last time I quit was 1973. So there was a 40 year gap between stopping but this time I am done for good. It was getting pretty desperate there.

So when you guys sensitively sniff snuff, I suppose the nicotine craving is diminished. Does that take away the desire for smoking and inhaling cigarettes). Is it a good substitute, or do you still miss the way the smoke goes down?

Martin

A delaying tactic: I just watched a US YouTube vid and he was using Viking snuff - which he claimed was great for beginners as it is slightly damp - oh bugger! My Smoking Shop sells it - they just did, to me!! Doesn't mean I've got to try it!

Where's a good place to buy black or brown handkerchiefs? Bugger!

Bechet45 said:
A delaying tactic: I just watched a US YouTube vid and he was using Viking snuff - which he claimed was great for beginners as it is slightly damp - oh bugger! My Smoking Shop sells it - they just did, to me!! Doesn't mean I've got to try it!

Where's a good place to buy black or brown handkerchiefs? Bugger!

Paisley patterned are what you want.

Bechet45 said:

Carl, why you buying this? Just to try it once or twice to see what the deal is, I hope. Otherwise, please don't screw around with anything that can wake that monkey up again in an insistent way.

Heh, the idea of paisley patterns on the snot rag made me smile. Good camo

**** some how my name is being added to comments that I didn't make not sure how!!?? My comments were relating to climax and pee, nothing to do with health.
Again not sure how the others are under my avatar!

joe mcclaine said:

Echo that.
Buy the most flamboyant hankies you can find - and take your snuff publicly and with flair! - snuff should never be taken apologetically.
Only once did someone comment on my taking snuff - I responded "Would you prefer that I lit my pipe?"

SirPrize said:
joe mcclaine said:

Echo that.
Buy the most flamboyant hankies you can find - and take your snuff publicly and with flair! - snuff should never be taken apologetically.
Only once did someone comment on my taking snuff - I responded "Would you prefer that I lit my pipe?"

Public usage was a question I had in my mind - particularly when you can use snuff in a pub or any no smoking area, gas stations included.

I decided it was probably a lot like public breast feeding in that there would be two strongly divided camps. I'll get the hang of snuff taking before thinking of going public and continue to sit on the fence about the other.

Can one be an occasional social snuff taker or is it the whole monty straight from the get go?

Thanks for the offer, Mark - let's see how I go with the one I've bought first and then I may be back to you!

Bechet45 said:
Public usage was a question I had in my mind - particularly when you can use snuff in a pub or any no smoking area, gas stations included.

I decided it was probably a lot like public breast feeding in that there would be two strongly divided camps. I'll get the hang of snuff taking before thinking of going public and continue to sit on the fence about the other.

Can one be an occasional social snuff taker or is it the whole monty straight from the get go?

Of course one can be an occasional snuff taker - as one can be an occasional drinker.
What occasions my snuff taking is being somewhere one cannot smoke and the drinking is attending a convivial dinner with friends.
As for taking snuff in public - just do it - If anyone objects then I suggest that they enter into an intimate relationship with themselves.

chriszacharek said:
Can't say as it's very blueberry-y, first try didn't like it that much but since then it's a bit better. Same here with the 99 (and olives!) tried when younger and didn't like it, however really quite like it now. Need to try a few (lots) more I think...

I can recommend the Molens Macuba. I bought one by the same company called Oranjesnuif and I'm not mad keen on it.

If you want to try the Oranje it I can send it over if you've got an address. It's supposed to smell like peeled oranges but that's not what I get when I have a sniff ;-)

Back
Top Bottom