So, I succombed to the charms of a cute assistant in The Body Shop, and here I am....

.....she was pretty, and she persuaded me to buy this 'wonderful maca root shave cream, you won't look back, sir, and this single tub will last a whole year!'

Sold.

But then the problems really started. I liked the cream, I googled, I researched.

3 passes? What's all that about, then? I've only ever done 1 pass! WTG, XTG, ATG, blimey there are even secret shaving acronyms I've never heard of! Sounds interesting.

So I gave it a whirl, and even with my cheapo disposable gillette slaloms, I had the best shave in ever. But if a decent shave cream and 3 passes can make that much difference, what if I had a decent razor to go with it, and maybe a proper brush?

So I got the credit card out and went shopping. Best Badger brush, EJ DE razor with a blade selection to get me going. (although my young daughter was horrified to read 'Best Badger' on the Brush in the bathroom)

2 weeks in, and I am really enjoying shaving for the first time ever, but I fear this is going to get expensive. I haven't even got into pre/post stuff yet, too much to choose from. what should my next purchases be to take the experience to a new level...........?

RE: So, I succombed to the charms ...

Sounds like you've got off to a good start.
Welcome to a new world.

I really rate Maca Root and quite like the smell (I'm in a minority there).

It doesn't have to that expensive, (although it probably will be). I would try and resist the temptation to buy every product you read about and end up with several years' worth of supply (I couldn't resist).

I would recommend that you should get some basic pre-post though. Many people recommend Proraso pre-shave (powerful menthol regular or less punchy sensitive).
I would also recommend Nivea Post-Shave Balm as a cheap performance ASB, smells great too. Alum block is easily bought from Holland & Barrat (named "Salt of the Earth")

If you get bored with Maca, there's Boots' or Palmolive's soap stick, cheap and perform well.

Apart from that there are a gazillion choices on ways to spend your cash. Try 'em and see.

Welcome aboard

what to get next, ...mmm
well good prep will take care of the pre-shave, so a proper aftershave or balm i'd say your choice but probably best to get one of each :icon_rolleyes:

Proraso Speick etc

succombed to the charms of a cute assistant in The Body Shop, and here I am....

Lose the beard said:
Hi welcome to the forum :)

That's a familiar looking Avatar, you don't make beer by any chance ;)

Or possibly a wagon driver?
Welcome!

Hi and welcome - I had some f this form another member here and, although I have tried it a number of times I a still not sure about Macca Root!
( what is A Macca anyway??)
Simon

Back
Top Bottom