soap crust

we discuss the soap crust on vintage pucks of soap, but never on modern soap.

here is my tale of La Toja stick.

Bought one to try on reviews, it was ok. never lathered well but the face was nice afterwords. Couldn't stand the stink.

Stopped using it and put in in for shower use this week. after a few days it got really good at lathering up. I mean, rubbing with a wet hand and it made beautiful lather. So I looked at the stick, and was surprised at what I saw.

When I put the stick into shower duty, the soap was nearly brand new, the diameter of the stick was the same through out. But after using as a shower soap, the exposed section of soap was about a business cards thickness smaller then the still factory wrapped portion.

I thought to myself and after that morning shower, I used it for my shave. the shave was great. the soap applied to my face very well, and lathered beautifully, like Arko does for me.
The shave went great, face feel was perfect. The scent was still nauseating trash.

SO I am curious, just how many soaps out there on the market give improved performance once the outer layer has worn off?

Back
Top Bottom