Soap scent after the shave, a pointless quality?

Ha, nice analogy. I agree with Stirling too; the scent of Executive Man catches my nose several times after I've used it for my shave.

How would you rate the strength of Stirling Executive Man? I just got a part of soap and the scent is rather weak. According to everyone, it should smell like Creed Aventus. I can barely smell the Aventus, I only feel the soap base/tallow/whatever it is - smells soapy not fragrance like.

I accept that the scent doesn't linger in most cases. I just enjoy it whilst it lasts.

With some artisan soaps, there's an indirect quality indicator - an artisan producer who spends time getting the scents just right may correlate with an attitude of care & attention to detail that carries through to performance.

As much as we choose to deny it, we're likely to be influenced by the user experience of a product as much as its performance. The quality of the packaging, the effort put into the labels, etc, subtly add to the experience we have of a product. In turn, this affects our perceptions of performance. Scents are part of this "experience".

How would you rate the strength of Stirling Executive Man? I just got a part of soap and the scent is rather weak. According to everyone, it should smell like Creed Aventus. I can barely smell the Aventus, I only feel the soap base/tallow/whatever it is - smells soapy not fragrance like.

It's the No.1 seller for Stirling. I had a sample but cannot remember post-shave strength. :oops: It did smell good however.

The problem with soaps that linger post shave is that you are limited in your AS selection as a result. After all, you can't wear Brut AS if you used Stirling Spice soap unless you planned on spending the day in a convertible. :D

It's the No.1 seller for Stirling. I had a sample but cannot remember post-shave strength. :oops: It did smell good however.

Yes I know. That's exactly why I am asking, seems kind of odd the best selling soap doesn't smell good or that light as mine does.
I will probably order a sample too see is the problem in my piece of soap or is that the actual scent.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

I accept that the scent doesn't linger in most cases. I just enjoy it whilst it lasts.

With some artisan soaps, there's an indirect quality indicator - an artisan producer who spends time getting the scents just right may correlate with an attitude of care & attention to detail that carries through to performance.

As much as we choose to deny it, we're likely to be influenced by the user experience of a product as much as its performance. The quality of the packaging, the effort put into the labels, etc, subtly add to the experience we have of a product. In turn, this affects our perceptions of performance. Scents are part of this "experience".
If you want to try a soap that ticks all the boxes, my personal recommendation would be Panna Crema Nuavia (Blu). I've not found a more pleasant aroma in a soap, and the pre- and post-shave conditioning is second to none.

My bad, I have Sharp Dressed Man which you might know is the Green Irish Tweed clone. I'll confess I haven't tested Creed GIT, but Stirling's offering is a close to Davidoff Coolwater which I know is a close scent to GIT.
Scent strength is 8-9/10 but there is also a strong tallow soap smell that is 4/10 on the same scale.

FYI I have the tin version of Stirling, not the green tub.

...but Stirling's offering is a close to Davidoff Coolwater which I know is a close scent to GIT...

A little off topic, but vintage Davidoff Cool Water is beautiful. The reformulated swill peddled by Coty is garbage in comparison. Hint: reform. Davidoff has Roman font letters in the brand name and vintage has the slanted cursive ones. ;)

I like it. Wickhams soaps have lovely scents that linger but are not too strong in the tub and on application. The mother of all lingerers is Nanny's Moroccan Sands but it is a fabulous exotic oud musk scent. Nice to smell good all day :)

Back
Top Bottom