SodaStream

Well, yes - he's a kid and failed to pull the bottom of the bottle forward to safely relieve the pressure. Maybe the wine would be flat again by the time you relieved all the pressure, maybe it would be sparkling.

Antdad?

A bottle of Blue Nun is now chilling in the freezer....

champers.png

Ha...not bad at all actually, the CO2 really knocks back the sweetness in the wine and yeah it does taste of finely bubbled champagne not gassy raspingly dry prosecco/cava. Not surprised joe public was fooled, Lady antdad wasn't fooled or said she wasn't, next time I'll decant into an old champagne bottle.

I had to top up the SS bottle with ice to reach the correct level but I'd give it another go definitely.

We had one when I was a kid. Mainly used it for gassing up milk, which was oddly satisfying.

Sort of happy to see they've undergone a resurgence in popularity over recent years. Presume they perform a lot better and the syrups are higher quality.

Get busy with the fizzy, as they used to say!

Jon

Tbf PC when I was looking Agros had them on offer for £40 but less bottles and no syrup sampler.

I do have a 5 litre box of Liebfraumilch though.

Love our SS - had it for blinking ages.

To be honest we don't really use the syrups - the Cola one was only palatable when we used loads of it, then it was just way too sweet.

We just use it for carbonated water.

Back
Top Bottom