someone posted me a razor. Can you tell me who you are please?

D

Deleted member 1045

Hiya!

Someone from America posted me a gold coloured razor with a 7 o'clock blade. I was wondering if you could let me know who you are and what the razor is for. Is this the gilette slant razor that is passing around?

A million thanks :)

P

JohnnyO said:
I don't know who sent it, however if it is the slant I bet that you're just gonna love it.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Hmm, don't know what a slant razor looks like but this looks like a DE comb razor that you sent me but a golden colour. The blade and head of the razor are parallel. If this was a slant razor would they be non-parallel?

new2DE said:
JohnnyO said:
I don't know who sent it, however if it is the slant I bet that you're just gonna love it.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Hmm, don't know what a slant razor looks like but this looks like a DE comb razor that you sent me but a golden colour. The blade and head of the razor are parallel. If this was a slant razor would they be non-parallel?

If it were a slant, the blade would be twisted so that each edge was angled like a snowplough blade as you used it. I've not heard of an open-comb slant, though - all the ones I've heard of have solid guard bars.

new2DE said:
Hiya!

Someone from America posted me a gold coloured razor with a 7 o'clock blade. I was wondering if you could let me know who you are and what the razor is for. Is this the gilette slant razor that is passing around?

A million thanks :)

P

Hi there,

That would be me...take a look at your private massages from the 17th of this month.

What you got there is a ball end Tech. A little while back you were having some issues with your EJ/Muhle, and I mentioned in your thread that a Tech might be a good option to sample. Give that a try and see what happens.

Martin

Oh yeah, make sure you try that blade at some point.

BillyHoyle said:
It's probably not the slant - as I received it yesterday..:)

Ah crisis averted. I pmed dodgy my address a week or two ago. I was getting scared for a second. Thanks dodgy! I'll give it a go *feels face* tomorrow! :)

this gilette Dodgy sent me is the best razor ever! 2 passes and i'm done! Just cleared up the chin and right side of throat with 3rd pass and i was done! Best shave in 2 months. I'm really happy today :D. I think i've developed my own stroke technique. I don't do the grain mapping thing as i can never remember it! Roughly speaking i go x and with the grain everywhere but under my chin. Under the chin I go against the grain and it's not at all painful :D

Best news is that i've not had an ingrown hair since i started DE shaving :D

new2DE said:
2 passes and i'm done! Just cleared up the chin and right side of throat with 3rd pass and i was done! Best shave in 2 months. I'm really happy today :

Hi there,

Yeah, it's strange how razors will not all shave the same, and sometimes it pays to test drive a bunch of em to get the right fit. You're developing some kinda reference point to compare other razors with in the future and that'll make things a lot easier.

Glad to hear the Tech agreed with you,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom