SOTD Sat 16th Feb - Fri 22th Feb 2013...

Tuesday

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Cella
Brush: Neep 29mm Extra Silvertip
Razor: 7 o'clock New with iKon Bulldog
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

IMG_0483_zpsddd7fb32.jpg

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash with cold water
Soap: T&H 1805
Brush: Neep 28mm Extra Silvertip
Razor: Polished Weber/Bulldog handle
Blade: Super Iridium (1)
A/S: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Weleda After Shave Balm
EDT: Pen's Opus 1870

Great shave today :)

Afternoon, everybody.

Tuesday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 head with an iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (4)
Brush: Ecotools Bamboo Finishing Kabuki brush
Shave soap: La Toja stick
A/S: Homemade Alpa Fougere splash
Cologne: Alpa Fougere

Good shave.

Today's Shave
sotd19213.jpg

Valet-Auto Strop
Feather FHS-5 Blade
NSS Arabian Nights Soft Shaving Soap (Bowl lathered into a frenzy)
Kent BK8 Brush

Results BSS WTG :D

20130219.jpg

I first used the Fatip piccolo nickel. As I usually do when I have new head, I put the U2 UFO handle measuring 80 mm. and weighs 70 gr. (The piccolo handle is solid, measures 75 mm and weighs 40 grams, the grande handleis hole, measuring 80 mm and weighs 34 grams)
Before shaving I thought it would be very aggressive. It has enough blade exposure. But after shaving, I can say that is moderately aggressive, but very effective. I shaved with the same strokes and in the same direction as I always do with all the razors, and the closeness has been excellent. Without blood, and without irritation. The blade "feels" on the face, and the razor is a "singer". But the feeling is better than when using the Cadet head. The Fatip head is beautiful, very beautiful, has beautiful teeth.

TUESDAY EVENING

Gillette US Aristocrat
Astra Platinum (1)
Culmak Jr brush
La Toja stick
Witch hazel
Wilkie AS balm

First cold water shave which worked surprisingly well.

Am in Brizzol on a city break ATM staying in the Brigstow Mercure. Off to La Grotta italian restaurant, then a few jars in the BrewDog bar next door.

Burgundy said:
I've ordered 100 Perma-Sharp Supers (Russian, gold cardboard pack) off the back of these 2 shaves. Straight into my Top 10. It's bloody sharp and fairly smooth - not unlike a Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (Yellow) - which is probably why it's struck up an understanding with my Tech.

I may have to revisit this blade. I'd noted it as a fairly average performer and added the few I had to the Blade Bazaar PIF but they seem to be well liked by some. Perhaps a second go is in order, they're certainly cheaper than the Polsilver SI blades that currently top my list.

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: FaTip with Weber Bulldog
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super #1
Brush: Neep 26x48 Stone Extra Silvertip
Soap: Lea Shave Stick
AS: Speick Splash

Lovely 2 pass cold water face lather shave.

1st time using a Perma-Sharp Super, seems like a nice blade in that razor for the first shave.

Exapno said:
Burgundy said:
I've ordered 100 Perma-Sharp Supers (Russian, gold cardboard pack) off the back of these 2 shaves. Straight into my Top 10. It's bloody sharp and fairly smooth - not unlike a Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (Yellow) - which is probably why it's struck up an understanding with my Tech.

I may have to revisit this blade. I'd noted it as a fairly average performer and added the few I had to the Blade Bazaar PIF but they seem to be well liked by some. Perhaps a second go is in order, they're certainly cheaper than the Polsilver SI blades that currently top my list.
Early doors yet, but perhaps not comparable to a Super Iridium - imo. Still a worthy blade though - comparable to Lab Blues, Polsilver Stainless, Astra SPs etc.

Mikael said:
[a
I was banned from our daughters room due to smelling Tabac :(
[I

Hah, now that's a smart kid,

Please give her a $10 gift from me for her complaining about the smell of dead things. Go ahead and take that out of my $150 commission for the recent #31 sale.

Grampy

dodgy said:
Mikael said:
[a
I was banned from our daughters room due to smelling Tabac :(
[I

Hah, now that's a smart kid,

Please give her a $10 gift from me for her complaining about the smell of dead things. Go ahead and take that out of my $150 commission for the recent #31 sale.

Grampy

You do know that some where in Sweden there is a gentleman with a twitching left eye ( full of hate, and the need for revenge and smelling of Tabac) who I suspect will get revenge on little old you at some time in the future Mr Grampy....happy typing :dodgy:

Tuesday 19th February

Hot shower and Facial Scrub
Shavex Cream
Sanguine Shavette/Bic Platinum
Frank Shaving Berwick 22x48 in Finest
Erasmic Shaving Cream
Tea Tree & Peppermint Toner
Organic Shea Butter
Denim Unleash AS
Brylcreem Original
Brian's Own Moustache wax.

Bargain Basement BBS

Is this to much? new and enjoying.

Prep: Hot shower, apply Proraso with Geo. F. Trumper lime skin food in shower with BIG luxurious lather.

Razor: Merkur HD 39C Long Handle

Blade: Personna platinum

Brush: Crabtree & evelyn (Edwin Jagger)

Soap: Nannys Lemony Lime

AS : Alum

Super shave super close

Dublin

Proraso pre
Omega 37 Boar
Cella
Merkur 37c HD slant bar
Gillette 7oc Yellow (1)
Thayer's Peach Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Cade AS balm

The Astra SP blades seem to go much better with the 37c slant bar although the end result was still mighty fine. First time using the Cella. Nice marzipan fragrance and silky lather but it gradually ran out of oomph on the 2nd and 3rd pass. I'm sure it's just my lack of croap savviness. Will play around with technique and do better with time I reckon.
[attachment=6654]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361323198.421050.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361323198.421050.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom