SOTD SAT 27 FEBRUARY TO FRI 04 MARCH 2016

It has the same knot as the L'Occitane Plisson brush which is generally regarded as one of the better synthetics, but in 22mm, with excellent backbone and super-soft tips. I personally prefer the RazoRock handle though, made of quality resin in a very comfortable shape and with nice weight to it.

RazoRock also make a 24mm in black resin handle (which is sold out at the moment) and a 26mm 'Monster' in swirl faux ivory handle. They are the best value-for-money synthetics currently availlable in my opinion. Mine arrived in 1 week from the US and they're not liable for VAT due to their low cost. Highly recommended!
Thanks I think I will buy one.

Ducha
Shavemac Silvertip 2B 24 × 53
Álvarez Gómez
Guillette Contour
Myrsol Agua de Limón
Korres Balm

Have a great day

3bb881ba1a53fb33c4f108086f0c3079.jpg

3rd March 2016

Bulldog Face Wash
RazoRock Tobacco #2
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Face Lathered
Gillette Guard (6)
One Pass - WTG

SOTD%25252003-03-2016%252520Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Novaya Zarya Shipr Cologne
Homage to Amouage Epic Attar (Wrists)
Pinaud Eau De Quinine Hair Tonic​

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso Sandalwood Pre-shave cream
Soap: Baume.be
Brush: Muhle Travel synthetic
Razor: BIC Metal (3,4)
After: Aqua Velva Classic AS, Lea ASB

Travelling light in Iceland over the last couple of days proved very successful and I managed a near BBS each time with the tiny BIC Metal razor.

SOTD_20160301_zps8amtfuqs.jpg

I'm trying to figure out just where you are ... I see Mount Esja in the background, I think, so Reykjavik?

Iceland is a superb place. Have a lot of fun! It's a dream place for a keen photographer like you.

If in Reykjavik, do check out Café Loki up by Hallgrimmskirka and try out the fermented shark (Hakarl). They do lovely lunches there if the shark is not to be stomached. Also, have a nose at Sjavargrillid which is on the road heading up to the church. Oh, and the Hotdog van down by the harbour is a "must do". Seriously! Queues around the block!

Sod all that countryside and natural beauty. I just spent my time eating :D

Seen the lights yet?

DSC04758.JPG

Handheld Sony point and shoot on 10 seconds.

Thursday 3
Heno de Pravia glycerine pre-shave
Lea Classic Soap
Cadman Custom Synthetic
Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Rapira Swedish Supersteel #1
Alum - OSP Bay Rum (test) - Neutrogena Comfort Balm
Hugo Boss - Hugo EDT
Al Rehab - Silver (Wrists)

IMG_20160303_164010768e.jpg

Both soaps were a generous gift from Mike (@mpf9ret) The Pre-shave was very effective and the Lea, a great soap. Lovely thick protective lather with an attractive woody/mossy scent.
The shave was my last DE (for a while) as I have to get back to my beloved SE's and I can't wait to try out this Pre-shave with those.

Thursday 3rd March.

sotd_03_03_16_4.jpg

Scuttle: Steve Woodhead Ceramics, large Suribachi.
Soap: MWF.
Brush: Razorock 24mm Plissoft.
Razor: 1930's English LC New RFB head, Windrose handle.
Blade: Voskhod (2).
Post: Boots tea tree & witch hazel lotion, Nivea sensitive balm, Bulldog original moisturiser.

Last edited:
Prep: Hot shower, Bulldog facewash
Cream: Ingrams
Brush: TSC Best Badger
Razor: Gillette Old Type
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
After: Dr Harris Bay Rum AS

Can honestly say, the best shave of my life so far. Admittedly I only gave up cartridges and canned gloop a week or so ago, but still.

Moving from my EJ DE86 to the Gillette Old Type (a really nice silver plated one I bought from Dave-the-rave) definitely shows my face loves a more aggressive razor. Helped by the dainty size of the Gillette as well, I was able to get smooth skin with two passes with virtually no pressure, and the result is no irritation. Also managed to get smooth skin places I could only get stubble reduction with the EJ, like my upper lip.

Might need to keep a milder razor around for times when my acne flares up, as I found the Old Type is not at all forgiving when it comes to spots - took the head off the two I have at present. A small price to pay.

The Ingrams smells nice, feels refreshing, but it's very wet. Had to use more to get thick lather. Can't complain for the price though.

Last edited:
Semogue 208 shaving brush / Lea Profesional shaving cream / Gillette Super Speed TV safety razor + Müster blade / Myrsol Blue aftershave lotion

9cc2cf1882470fe4c8accff73532d4be.jpg

PILS, for some reason tonight it shaved like a dream. Usually I get a decent shave but often feel like I need more passes and touchups. Tonight I went with three easy passes and am rewarded with a very nice result. Hmmm.
ROD NEEP Dreadnought in faux jade. Rod is right when he says this knot holds a lot of water. My third pass was a little runny, even though the lather was fine. Next time I'll give it one more shake.
I COLONIALI, what a great soap. I love the scent and the performance.
CRSW Fall as balm also smells great and leaves my skin feeling nourished and smooth.
attachment.php

Can I get an HALLELUJAH for this one? Incredible SOTD for me.

Hot Towel, Phoenix & Beau Solaris, Body Shop Synthetic, Mongoose B3 Satin, Feather Pro (1), Cold Towel

What can I say! Like the first rays of light on a summers day, this shave felt exactly the same. Glorious! Fresh, smooth, and ultimately wonderful in every aspect. The soap is an excellent performer, allowing for no drama, and the scent is light, airy and makes me want to sit on a blanket in a field with a loved one, a picnic and a G&T. Bring on the summer!

WP_20160304_05_24_41_Pro-01.jpeg

Please note - the apparent hairs in the photo are added by the filters on the image editor :D

Fri 4th March
Stirling Synthetic
MWF
Schick Adjuster
Schick Japanese 1 [ 3 ]
Alum Rub /La Toja A/S

Wanted a good shave, as on a rare visit to London- to meet friends for Lunch. A dampened Stirling produced great lather on the MWF in its Bowl . Though I have not a Lot of injector experience , I am finding that despite the extra cost the Japanese Schick Blade beats the " Chick " hands down. The shave itself was so smooth and easy, and the finish was as though I had a Barber Shop Shave.

IMG_0366.jpg

mKQQd0Wh.jpg

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary SE
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Kai (1)
Post #1: Anthony After Shave Balm
Post #2: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser
Scent: Aventus by Creed

Great shave to cap the week off!

Back