SOTD Sat 2nd Feb - Fri 8th Feb 2013

Had all my gear layed out and due to phone calls and other life stuff ran out of time and had to change plan all together:

NF tubby 1
Proraso Green
Merkur 37c slant
Profs ASB mixed with 444

Got to say, I don't use this razor often but it mowed down a weeks growth in one pass like a hot knife through butter.

Quick beautiful two pass shave.

Welcome back Urban Hermit!!!

No pre today
Soap : Lea stick
Brush : Semogue Special Edition 2012
Razor : R41 from the lending pool
Blade : Gillete 7 o'clock yellow
AS : Lucky Tiger
ASB : E45 moisturiser

12 hours later my face still feels raw from the R41 which was way too aggressive for me. I stopped after 2 passes as i'd had enough so it'll be posted on Monday to the next victim! The Semogue is still impressing me like the SOC 2 band I have, so much so that I've ordered a SOC boar to try as well.

Back to the Weber tomorrow!

Prep: Nivea sensitive face wash
Shaving cream: Body Shop maca root
Brush: Wilkinson Sword pure bristle - that one!
Blade: Gillette Goal
Razor: Merkur open comb 25c (long handle)
Post shave: Edwin Jagger sea buckthorn aftershave lotion.

I got out the WS brush. The last time I used it was just once last year, and it sucked up lather like there was no tomorrow. But after a second try, and a good soak in warm water, it lathers really well. So I'm using it more regularly.

A satisfactory smooth shave.

Good morning friends! :icon_smile:

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 26mm Thäter LE, 2-band (SRP 2011) Silvertip Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Castle Forbes Shaving Cream Levender Essential Oil
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 6/8" Mastro Livi, Half hollow ground, Round Point w/ Boxwood scales
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Eau de Cologne LAVANDA Ach. Brito
RESULT: Great shave, BBS

SODT_LIVI_B-7_zps0ba24b7a.jpg

Have a nice week,
Béla​

Early Sunday morning shave ,

Facial scrub
Lather beard , massage lather into beard
Hot towel for 3 minutes over lathered beard , refresh towel as necessary
Lather up again
Rapira Platinum Lux
Weber DLC Bulldog handle
Kent B4
De Vergulde Hand Extra Fris
3 passes
Hot shower , cold rinse
Pinaud Clubman aftershave
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes

First go with the Weber , very nice , you lads were right , a great piece of kit

Derrick

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Polo 8
Razor: Globusmen Gold + Star (for head)
Soap: Dr Harris + Palmolive cream
AS: Proraso
Edt: Penhaligon's English Fern
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean, all over the upper part of the body :D

Fantastic razor and even the new kid on the setup, the SE razor Star, was really good (I kind of trashed my favorite head shaver before, a GEM Junior, but this one I can see works well as a replacement).
0081024x714_zpsf045e03e.jpg

Yesterday was my first opportunity to test out my new Fatip Piccolo (thanks to Dobbo25 and BST).

Proraso pre-post
Speick soap / Kent BK2
Fatip Piccolo / Rapira pink and blue
Proraso pre-post
Boots no. 7 balm

Not a bad shave at all - the razor is more agressive than my usual EJ89 and was a bit less comfortable (felt quite raw) but there is promise there! I'll try a few more times before passing judgement.

Greetings

Sunday 3rd February 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick G8 Injector
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Burma Shave Boar
Cream: RSC
Aftershave: RSC Balm

A nearly perfect shave. BBS is a term I tend not to use because I think it is just about impossible to achieve (other than with endless touching up leaving your face feeling sore) there is always the tiniest bit of skin somewhere on the face where just a little bit of whisker can be felt if the skin is stroked firmly. Today's shave was as good as it gets!

Interesting that it was achieved with all budget items. Both the RSC cream and balm cost a pound. The Burma Shave brush was about £4.00 in the states and I think I paid about a tenner for the Schick injector.

Regards
Dick

DSC03845.JPG

20130203.jpg

I first tested the LEA cream. Specifically is the new formulation. I bought this in a small tube to test. The aroma or the lack of it is a mystery that would be fine for a thread about the aroma of LEA products. This cream is not a winner, but neither is a loser. The cream works decently well. That does not mean that I like that smell. So I bought a small tube.

Dr Organic Manuka Honey Soap
Razor Dubl Duck Goldedge 6/8
Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
Semogue OC Special edition 2012 Boar Badger Mix
Mitchell's Woolfat
Alum & Witch Hazel
Una Brennan Neroli Moisturiser
Penhaligon's Castile Edt

A two pass super smooth shave from the Dubl Duck.

fotoflexer_photo-17.jpg

Prep: Shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave
Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Merkur 25c OC
Blade: 7 o'clock yellow (2), shimmed
Brush: Traditional Shaving Co. Pure Badger
Aftershave: GFT Limes Skin Food, Davidoff Cool Water ASB

This is the second time I've used a 7 o'clock yellow blade, as it seems everyone likes them so much. It does feel good; sharp with no drag. Yesterday tried it in the same razor which worked well but wasn't quite close enough but DFS.
So today tried it with a shim and this razor/blade combination really works for me. It gives my Progress a run for its money.
For once I only did WTG and ATG on my neck, three passes elsewhere which was enough for great results, zero irritation. I'm going to stick with this formula for the while I think.

Happy Sunday everyone.

2myrvkn.jpg

Pre hot towel with Veleiro soap + GFT Coconut shaving cream + Kent BK8 Silvertip + Weber Bulldog ARC with Iridium Super + TOBS Mr Taylor splash with La Chinata balm

Today a sunday luxurious shave, with hot towel, warm lather built in scuttle and soft&big brush plus a mild razor! Lovely!

Cheers!

Sunday Night

Hot towel
Proraso pre
MWF
Duke 2 Best
GEM 1912
GEM coated blade (6)
Thayer's Superhazel
Thayer's Original Toner
Cade AS Balm

[attachment=6482]