SOTD Sat 9th Feb - Fri 15th Feb 2013 (one of several?)

Saturday Afternoon

A nice relaxed shave this afternoon, before going out this evening.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Cella
Brush: New Forest Super Badger
Razor: iKon Deluxe Open Comb
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

A lovely shave, I do like Cella but don't use it weekdays as it takes me too long to lather it up.

IMG_0428_zpsd1c4e4ba.jpg

Gairdner kindly sent me a box of goodies. I put it away till next month, after a good old look and sniff, and decided to pull out two things for today: soap and a/s

Progress on 2, 4
Rapira Platinum Lux
Penhaligon's English Fern
Henk walnut silvertip
TOBS Mr. Sidney a/s

First time I've had to dial up so high on the Progress but I got a better shave for it. I think the Rapira Swedish Super Steel are better but these are still very good.
English Fern: well quite an unarresting smell. Pleasant but unexciting and quite mild. This puck was bowl lathered from cold for less than 5 seconds and the lather...! Thick, protective and enough for two passes, it was trickling down my arm by the second five-second bowl lathering.
Superb performance from minimal effort - definitely the best performance I've had from a soap. I've tried lots of excellent soaps and maybe I fluked it but it's got to be well up there with the best.

Sidney's a/s is pleasant - like a medicinal-like version of Mr. Taylor's. Nice.

All in all a thoroughly good shave!

EJ de89 barley
Super Iridium (2)
Vulfix 404 bodger
Ogallala Bay Rum & Lemongrass shave stick

2 passes

Floris Elite ASL

been a while since using the EJ with Super Iridium, tremendous combination for an easy, close shave with no fuss.

Nice leisurely shave, with a double espresso:

Pre shave - homemade lavender shave oil, Hot towels, sip of espresso. Chapter of a book on the loo

Shave - TOBS Sandalwood hard soap, Frank Shaving Silvertip, sip of espresso, Four Courts straight, slightly pink towels, another sip of espresso, shaky hands from too much espresso, now more like crimson red towels, bathroom like shower scene from "psycho", another sip of espresso (damage now done, right?)

Post Shave - Osma Bloc, high pitched screaming, towel biting and nut twisting to try cope with the pain, panicked other half, steadying several gulps of espresso, deep breaths, icy cold towels (now back to pink after lots of rinsing), Pecksniff's "Fern" balm. 1/2 an hour break, another espresso, then Hammam Bouquet nowhere near where I shaved.

Prep : Hot shower
Soap : Tabac stick grated
Brush : Semogue OC boar
Razor : Weber POL bulldog handle
Blade : Shark SS (2)
A/S : Lucky Tiger
ASB : E45 moisturiser

3 pass DFS as opposed to BBS due to 2 year old daughter being very inquisitive at what I was doing so slight lack of concentration. No issues as wasn't going anywhere so nice and comfortable. The SOC boar is performing well even before any of the hairs split so I'm happy with it.

NotTheStig said:
Gairdner kindly sent me a box of goodies. I put it away till next month, after a good old look and sniff, and decided to pull out two things for today: soap and a/s

Progress on 2, 4
Rapira Platinum Lux
Penhaligon's English Fern
Henk walnut silvertip
TOBS Mr. Sidney a/s

First time I've had to dial up so high on the Progress but I got a better shave for it. I think the Rapira Swedish Super Steel are better but these are still very good.
English Fern: well quite an unarresting smell. Pleasant but unexciting and quite mild. This puck was bowl lathered from cold for less than 5 seconds and the lather...! Thick, protective and enough for two passes, it was trickling down my arm by the second five-second bowl lathering.
Superb performance from minimal effort - definitely the best performance I've had from a soap. I've tried lots of excellent soaps and maybe I fluked it but it's got to be well up there with the best.

Sidney's a/s is pleasant - like a medicinal-like version of Mr. Taylor's. Nice.

All in all a thoroughly good shave!

:D

Saturday, 9.ii.2013

Predopobarba Proraso
Simpsons Duke 3 best badger
Mike's Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
vintage Merkur Progress
Gillette Silver Blue
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Institut Karité Baume Après Rasage Hydratant

P1070036.jpg

oversaturn said:
Saturday, 9.ii.2013

Predopobarba Proraso
Simpsons Duke 3 best badger
Mike's Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
vintage Merkur Progress
Gillette Silver Blue
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Institut Karité Baume Après Rasage Hydratant

P1070036.jpg
I'm in awe of your shaving scuttle - where did you manage to get that? It's fantastic!

Prep: Nivea face wash
Cream: Body Shop maca root
Brush: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Ebony synthetic bristle
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley chrome
Blade: Perm Sharp

It's a bit of a job getting the angle right when shaving, but I managed to, with a close smooth shave, in 2 passes: WTG, XTG.

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23mm Shavemac, Finest Badger ("Gut rasiert" forum shaving brush)
SOAP/CREAM: Mama Bear's Caribbean Glycerin Shave Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 7/8" Max Sprecher custom, 1/4 Hollow Ground, French Point,
w/ Cobaltium M3 Mokume Gane scales + G10 Hunter Orange tapered wedge
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Proraso Liquid Cream After Shave
COLOGNE: CLINIQUE happy for men
RESULT: One amazing shave

SODT_MAX_B-9_zps0ebb4fb8.jpg

Have a nice week,
Béla​

Prep Palmolive Verbena & Neroli soap
Razor Vintage Japanese Hishakaku Folding Kamisori
Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
Brush Semogue OC Special 2012 Boar Badger Mix
Cella
Alum & Witch Hazel
Una Brennan Neroli Moisturiser
Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de parfum

Jamie.

The Hishakaku delivered a fantastic super smooth two pass shave, goodbye three days growth.

h1.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Cubby 3
Razor: Magnet by D Peres (most likely, his trade mark on the other side of the tang) + GEM
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS: Blue Floid, Italian
Edt: Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

First go with this GEM (for head) and it's one aggressive SE razor, blade is exposed like crazy and it almost feels like half the blade is outside the cap that holds the blade. IU like it though, but I was very careful :D I love these scales too, Neil Miller made them in leopard wood :D :D
0031024x779_zps49d7e024.jpg

Back
Top Bottom