SOTD : Saturday 02th May - Friday 0 May 2020

Thanks Shubs.

On the basis that Tabac gives lots of thick slick lather, yes I'd say they're incredibly similar. The lather I squeezed out if the 24mm knot at the end was still very dense and probably could have been hydrated for another 3 passes. I definitely overloaded but it was thoroughly enjoyable!

Thanks for the info Chris, sounds like another great soap!

03/05/20

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Schick Proline (4)
Brush: Yaqi Barberpole 2 Band
Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
Pre: Proraso Azur Lime
ASL: RazoRock XXX
ASB: None

View attachment 54177

A much better shave today. A fine (get it?) recommendation from @Rohleder with this soap. It's an excellent performer. The only thing that's put me off getting more of these is that I can smell the tallow in the soap. It's not overpowering but it's not something I'm a fan of.
Do you think that's why Tabac has such a strong scent maybe to cover the Tallow ?

Good morning all, yes I'm aware it's 1230 but it's morning until 1300.

Pre. Myrsol Emulsion
Brush. ExS Medium Jock
Cream. Proraso Green
Razor. R6S
Blade. Astra SP (5)
Post. Cold Water Splash, Alum, Myrsol Emulsion finished off by a generous dose of Keith Floïds Mentally Vigorous. (Overseas readers ignore me, it's for the best believe me).

First time with the Proraso cream, thanks Chris @Boycie83. I really enjoyed using it. Lathers tremendously well and with only a thumbnail amount in the brush I could have got 4/5 passes easily.
Astra SP blade performs well in the Rockwell 6S with no problems encountered.
Mrs Merchant Seaman has insisted that I regrow my beard so it was one pass WTG on the chops and two passes WTG/ATG on the neck.
A great post shave little ensemble brought it all to an end.

Have a good Sunday. Keep smiling and stay safe.

Attachments

• E44610F9-8C9F-4D0D-B53E-0DB43ED4A856.jpeg
    E44610F9-8C9F-4D0D-B53E-0DB43ED4A856.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 11
Sunday Shave

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Brush: Shavemac 24mm Fan Synthetic
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Blade: Gillette Sharp Edge - Yellow
Soap: Hibernia
Splash: Speick Active
Balm: Bart's Lime Oil
EDT: 401E Amatrice

A wonderful shave with the Rocca , and the Citrus of the Soap, Splash , and Bart's Wonderful Balm, made a great base for the 401 E Amatrice to sit on top of.

20200503_111524 2.jpg

Could you guys with the Tabac to be a small favour. I'd like to see if the tabac soap would fit in my wooded soap dish (below). Unless someone already has tried it, what is the depth and diameter of tabac. Cheers in advance.

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - New Forest
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (7)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

TOBS soap doesn't produce the thick lather I expect. However, I still get a really close shave with no irritation with it. Two passes plus an ATG on my side burn area, mostly the back of my jaw seems to need and extra pass. I'm sure when I've used other soaps (palmolive and proraso) in the past I've got a thick lather.
IMG_0003.JPG

Sunday AM 2020-05-03

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm Titanium II/UFO Titan Fine
Personna 74 Tungsten (9)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave (vintage)

BwqxWYK.jpg

Back
Top Bottom