Tuesday AM 2021-03-09
National Dish Washer Appreciation Day
qFW19c6.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Soap Commander Love (True Rose) shaving soap
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave

A very sweet shave, all around. Wonderful.
gIpsQ0d.jpg

Tuesday 9th February

ACtC-3dHlfQR6iGpTmyQyFytwswUeIyEiwFOkT_OAEVCFNa4Ok6k-ZNwOwiM9oWn_tV2KE6084ZmgcKcpNSN_fMliBJDs-4fahpOcuj719qB0OYjs8UTFlfRsoS3_2KymbPFnXa5AOGwxIupQdoOAjfskbMqpg=s800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj (Boar)
RazoRock German Slant
SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum (3)
Pashana Original Aftershave & Hair Tonic

I enjoyed last night's shave so much, I repeated it ... but running out this SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum blade in the RazoRock German Slant, just to try it in something quite different to the Muhle Rocca.

It's certainly more refined than it's sibling Super Platinums in the Vidyut & Zorrik brands, and it'll happily do four shaves of consistent quality, I'm sure. I'm handing it in at three shaves, though, as I really want to play with my new Ninja Stainless blades ... also from the SuperMax house. Tomorrow.

Face Wash = L’oréal Pure Charcoal
Pre = Fitjar Islands Charcoal Bar
Razor Rockwell 6s ( 6 )
Blade = Gillette Super Slim Stainless
Brush = Alpha Rubberset 400 Travel
Soap = Ariana & Evans Asian Plub
Matching Splash
Balm = L’oréal Barberclub
Brilliant shave today
my face seems to be getting more used to shaving everyday or certainly every other day when i use the Rex lol.
Last use ogle the super slim for me,
That’s the third shave but i reckon i could get another two possibly more however i need to start using up what i have.
Brilliant soaps these A&E but the jury’s out on the splash
Don’t get me wrong it’s decent but i think i prefer an alcohol base
My face doesn't feel the same if i don’t get the burn.
Over all though i thoroughly enjoyed it.
Stay Safe
C6580385-6337-4FE5-BE2A-45369FF49858.png

Todays shave, after a warm shower, and face wash with L O'real cleansing gel.

Pre ......... Nuage shave serum
Soap ...... MWF
Brush ..... Moriis Forndran 2xL finest
Razor .... Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade .... Perma Sharp (5)
Post ....... Nivea sensitive
Asl ....... Floid mentalado

A pleasant enough shave with this blade which i think had seen me get five reasonably good shaves out of it. I always seem to get a good lather with MWF, must be the soft water we have in Edinburgh. A couple of small weepers that quickly vanished. Nothing major.

Stay safe and keep smiling -:)

Sotd-09-03-21.jpg

This afternoon:

prep - facial scrub
razor - Rockwell (plate 4)
blade - Supermax Platinum (5? - it came back to life!)
brush - Semogue LE 2012 mixed
soap - RazoRock Emperor - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - RazoRock Emperor
balm - Floid.

In my experience - Indian blades are much like the country - neither lack the talent for confounding expectation. I thought the Supermax was near dead last shave - but no - it took off a full seven-day growth - one adapted pass - completely comfortably and still plenty sharp. Helped - no doubt - by an admirable supporting cast. Enjoyed that - enjoy yours - I.

With the theme being 'Hairy Potter and the Half blade Prince' I present you with today's SOTD

IMG_20210308_180110.jpg

Severing Snape - Rocnel SE-50
The <45% Prince - Dorco Prime
Harry in a Pot - Penhaligon's Bayolea
Neville Longbrush - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Luna Smellgood - Penhaligon's Bayolea aftershave

'Fuck that' said Harry after taking one look at Hagrid with his massively overgrown beard and unkempt disheveled appearance, 'Perhaps this Voldemort chap isn't so bad after all and at least it appears he knows a good razor'. And so does his mate Satanfriendly. Whether or not the Rocnel SE-50 could be labeled 'good' is another question. More swayed towards 'evil' than 'good'

And it is indeed. But even evil can be tamed. Just ask the missus. And perhaps more importantly from a shaving aspect, so can the Rocnel

The more time I spend this with this potential killing tool the more I am getting the measure of it. The unusually steep shaving angle is becoming second nature and the muscle memory is starting to set in. It is a shame that my muscles tend to remember jack shit when I am pissed out of my brain and I take on the persona of a 6ft 2" bendy toy. But that is for The Drinking Room', the drinkers forum where the SOTD (Stagger Of The Day) reports are a jumble of letters hammered together in a fit of alcoholic stupor meets computer keyboard. Not here though.

To be absolutely honest I am really starting to appreciate this razor and its abilities, even if it does, against my better nature, use half (<45%) of a DE blade which is utterly against my religion. But the results are staggering (not through drink - see previous paragraph) and other than the Ikon B1 I can't think of any other razor which delivers such a damn close shave. It takes practice, nerves and blood shedding to get there, but well worth the journey. Or to be more exact a stroll through a minefield.

I really do love this beast, even with some Dorco blade I wouldn't usually bother to entertain on those rare DE days. What a razor and finished to perfection with skin to spare. In the Rocnel the Dorco Prime is working an absolute treat, Three shaves and it is dead, but I still have the other half to use yet. Happy days. All three of them when they arrive.

It was nice to reach for the Penhaligon's Bayolea and the wonderful @Steven_Jagger creation. I can hear the brush singing to the Bayolea the words from that great Kiss song 'I was made for loving you'. And it was. A sterling showing from team 'Face lather'

One brilliant shave and highly delighted from every angle.

'He asked you to shave what? Please do use mine to cool your blush away'

And to end it all a new find so someone new to play you out of yet another painful SOTD from me. Enjoy 'Ark Royal' and I am not talking a bloody great big aircraft carrier here. I am talking Japanese ladies doing their heavy metal stuff

Special offer. And for this week only I am giving a 'Love' out to every SOTD with a photo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom