SOTD: Saturday 10 February - Friday 16 February 2024.

Saturday 10th February

ABLVV85YCkqTRUS3RBRKMBlIwn8abv5dHQDpKEcVe1lNDBBNMx8xB2KttWUHGYL-PGAMi2fGGgpN3kZEh3-N4JRqsEW4HPEXElBsSbed7VanNe8t7TioH1B4zDLcINcolpsjBtqOynn-Y0PX3u7TvHta8dh0KA=w800

Fat February ... and another lanolin-enriched soap adventure!

Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick (Grated) & Yaqi Bali Synthetic 24mm
Wilkinson Sword Sticky & Treet Durasharp (3)
Avon Black Suede (Vintage) Aftershave

Felt like the right moment to enjoy a shave with the Sticky. Lovely job!

SOTD: 11/02/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co Gunslinger (sample) Croap
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your Sunday!

IMG_5059.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Osprey (7,5,4)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Brush: Aylsworth Altare G5C
Soap: Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents
Splash: Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents
Balm: PAA Mysterium serum unscented

Getting slicker at adjusting the osprey which requires a loosening of the handle. I wondered whether it would feel clunky to do mid-shave but seems to be ok. Tried one of the blades that came with it. Felt the blade was sharp and a little harsh so dialled down after the first pass. Better after that but I don't love the blade.

Pleasant shaves to all!

2024-02-10-12-39-07-823~2.jpg
using this blade for a third head shave didn't go so well. going back to two and done for these. it was still relatively smooth but I couldn't get close no matter how many times I went over an area. I stopped after four passes rather than risk more irritation. the sharpness was definitely not there anymore. the MWF sample was still great. lovely thick lather. bit disappointed but not a big deal. looking forward to a better shave tomorrow.

Sunday 11 February
I just looked at some web reviews comparing the Merkur Futur and its clone, the Q Shave. I wasn’t immediately drawn to the the shape of these bad boys so whilst I wanted to check it out and being a bit of a cheap skate went for the Q Shave. I’ve owned it a while and used it half a dozen times. Am I disappointed? No, not really, it delivered bbs in two passes on a second use blade without drama. I did however, find that getting the shave angle correct is key as it can quickly ride off the blade onto the head curve. Would the Futur be any better? Maybe. Do I care? No, not really, it did the job, QED.
Not sure but I think the soap is ToBS Sandalwood from it’s scent. Just saying.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0488.jpeg

11 February

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Cadman M55
Razorock Hawk v3
Schick Proline
Proraso Sensitive balm

2A5FDDD1-D60E-44F3-8F24-5E79E355082B.jpeg
When your predictive text writes your shave of the day for you is it getting boring? Probably. What a fabulous Sunday shave. The Cadman is big and luxurious. The Extro never fails, has a wonderful fresh scent and an increasingly large doughnut hole at the bottom of the jar. The Hawk is certainly a little rougher in the shave than yesterday’s Nodachi, but, the shave is nice and close and the Proraso is an inexpensive classic that just works.

11/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 07 (2).jpg
Loving the General, i did enjoy that
Enjoy your day all.