SOTD : Saturday 10th February - Friday 16th February 2018.

3bd19b97b36b7c2a87ebad758b53f86e.jpg

Good shave today. The peaky blinders gives you a fantastic lather but doesn't resemble any scent written on the lid.
First time using the aftershave and it's very soothing and cooling.
ENJOY YOUR EVENING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

T-T-T-Tuesday

Proraso M&E pre-shave
P&B Denali (sample)
Omega Mixed Midget Bodger
Face lather
Feather Artist Club Kamisori
Feather Professional
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Alcolado Glacial (sample)
BBA balm

Another mental face freeze experiment tonight. I decided to try the Feather AC on just one day's growth again. The last time, it resulted in some burn. Hence the heavy mental presence.

It must have been crap technique the last time, because it went fine tonight. Not BBS around the chin; but more than presentable and smooth enough. Crucially, no burn. Well, not from the blade.

The Denali, on top of the Proraso, was pretty cold. By the third pass, I think I began to crystallise. A little bit of thawing after the Thayer's.

Then the Alcolado Glacial.

As @Digimonkey and @Barry Giddens (the architects of my diploma in freeze-ology) have pointed out, this stuff rips the heart out of Proraso M&E aftershave, tramples on it; pours scorn on it; reduces it to tears and ensures it suffers from an inferiority complex for the rest of its days. It burned at first...then it froze. I looked like a mosaic from Ravenna. I have now thawed.

I can't wait to use this in warmer climes. A touch of BBA to finish and I'm feeling good.
View attachment 33331
Great post, @Scotshave - the menthol commentary gave me a good chuckle. In my neck of the woods (and it's mid-summer down here), I reach for B&M Arctique if I fancy a trip down absolute zero alley.....

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 14846 Badger/Horse
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Schick E3
Blade: Proline B
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Stirling Sandalwood PSB

IMG_20180214_172857.jpg
Only the second outing for this brush and I wanted to see how it would cope with a harder soap.
No issues, made a lovely face lather with a little bit of scritch, held onto and released enough lather for a second pass, and no tangles.
Happy Shaving!

Back
Top Bottom