SOTD : Saturday 10th February - Friday 16th February 2018.

Today, a quality Wickham unscented shave, paired with Vielong two bands and Rockwell 6C. Really good for my sensitive skin this cold winter!

Regards
149b8e67927fcfda5420807580be62b9.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

10/2/18

Razor - Yingjili Tech
Blade - Feather (1)
Soap - Vitos Red
Brush - Omega 80265
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

The Feather is a blade I'd been wary to use until today possibly down to reading accounts of people cutting their faces to ribbons and it's reputation for being one of the sharpest DE blades around. Today I paired the blade with the Yingjili Tech which is even milder than the UK Tech I own and the combination worked really well - it produced a very smooth nick/weeper free shave. I was very cautious with the shave today, as I could feel how sharp the blade was and how light a touch was needed.

Hello friends.
SOTD 02-10-2018.
Pre: Proraso Pre Barba Cream.
Soap: PannaCrema Nuàvia Rossa.
Brush: Shavemac Silvertip 2B E.L for Foroafeitado 2017.
Razor: Weber + UFO Hummingbird with 7 O'clock Super Platinum.
Shaving: F-C and retouching.
After: Thayers
fullsizeoutput_3ca.jpg

A fantastic shave, the sweet and pleasant Nuàvia scent has made me drunk.
Use of the soap and the blade for the first time. The two new additions to my shaves have not displeased me, I will continue to use them.

4Ynr9rjL_o.jpeg

Omega 40033
Yaqi Double Open Comb
Asco Super Stainless (2)
Razorock What The Puck Orange Sunrise
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & old Spice Wolfthorn

A very nice orange scented triple milled soap, gave a great lather. Bloomed it before hand and gave copious amounts of lather, nice to see a triple milled soap as opposed to the norm of all things being croaps. Perfect for summer and goes well with the Wolfthorn.

Superb shave with the Asco and Yaqi DOC, a great little razor head, a bargain at £6 delivered. Yaqi are on point with their products.

Sat 10th Feb
Omega 10005 boar
MWF
ES Claymore V1
Schick Proline ( 11 )
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

I have started to really like this Razor since I changed the Handle. The secret is do not rush a Shave, and today I got a great result all round finish. The Claymore is excellent in dealing with problem areas around the neck.

IMG_0535.jpg

Saturday's shave of the day

Pre-shave - long soak in the bath with Epsom salts.

Cream - Baxter's Shave Cream (abandoned); OSP Lemon.

Brush - Omega premium boar.

Bowl - Little Wren Pottery.

Razor - Colonial; The General Black.

Blade - Kai Captain (Pink) mild (day 1).

Post - Myrsol lemon and Ibiza Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A lovely three pass shave: WTG; XTG and ATG - with a BBS fuss free finish.

My first attempt to build a lather with the Baxters Shave Cream was a disaster - no body to the lather. Rinsed the bowl and brush and started again with the OSP lemon, beautiful lather in every respect. There was enough lather left over, after the shave to go for another three pass shave!

The General Black with the Kai Mild was amazing - felt the stubble implode as it met the blade, with each pass. The lather was so good that I felt confident to go with a third pass on the neck.

The Myrsol lemon gave a nice post shave tingle.

All the best,

Chris

IMG_1050_edited.jpg

page1image256

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Maseto 24mm ST
Soap: Lea Classic
Razor: ER/Gem Pushbutton
Blade: Gem SS
IMG_20180210_135650.jpg

Not my favourite vintage SE but I'm glad to have it.
Agile, smooth and just what you need when you have less than 24hrs stubble.
The Lea Classic Soap and Splash on the other hand are among my favourites of the mass produced offerings.
Have a great weekend everyone :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom