SOTD : Saturday 10th February - Friday 16th February 2018.

Fatip Piccolo
Astra sp
D'Ardenne Short & bell soap No 8 (not a clue what this is. sample from Agent shave )
wilkinson sword brush ( first brush still going strong )
Aqua Velva

Nice shave, i like the Piccolo. The soap, i will have to find out what this is, ( if anyone knows please let me know )i like it. I broke bits off the sample and stuck them to my face and started to lather. I ended up having to scrape a couple of the bits off my face as the lather was so good. Smells fantastic as well

Last edited:
Thursday 15th February

Hot bath / Nivea Men Sensitive
RazoRock 400
Meissner Tremonia Dark Limes
Rockwell 6C plate 5
Voskhod (1)
Limewitch hazel
Proraso GreenASL
Lacoste Original EdT

Three days growth easily vanished in two passes.
I'm getting used to the Rockwell at higher settings, and it's proving to be very efficient

My first use of Dark Limes soap, courtesy of @Benz3ne. The soap in its dry state didn't smell like limes to me, but once lathered the scent woke up and filled the bathroom
Ben was right when he told me I was in for a treat with this soap. It performed better than any other soap I've used, and I've used many.
The post shave is phenomenal too. Skin left supple and silken.
This soap will be used in rotation for the time being for sure.

Fatip Piccolo
Astra sp
D'Ardenne Short & bell soap No 8 (not a clue what this is. sample from Agent shave )
wilkinson sword brush ( first brush still going strong )
Aqua Velva

Nice shave, i like the Piccolo. The soap i will have to find out what this is, ( if anyone knows please let me know )i like it. I broke bits off the sample and stuck them to my face and started to lather. I ended up having to scrape a couple of the bits off my face as the lather was so good. Smells fantastic as well
D'Ardenne, Short and Bell is a soap produced by James @OSP in addition to his main range. It's a vegan range (I think). James was kind enough to send a sample of DSB Chambre on the back of a recent purchase. It's very good, IMO.

Thursday 15th February

Hot bath / Nivea Men Sensitive
RazoRock 400
Meissner Tremonia Dark Limes
Rockwell 6C plate 5
Voskhod (1)
Limewitch hazel
Proraso GreenASL
Lacoste Original EdT

Three days growth easily vanished in two passes.
I'm getting used to the Rockwell at higher settings, and it's proving to be very efficient

My first use of Dark Limes soap, courtesy of @Benz3ne. The soap in its dry state didn't smell like limes to me, but once lathered the scent woke up and filled the bathroom
Ben was right when he told me I was in for a treat with this soap. It performed better than any other soap I've used, and I've used many.
The post shave is phenomenal too. Skin left supple and silken.
This soap will be used in rotation for the time being for sure.
It sure is a gem. Smells immense, too! When I have more space to hand in the future I'm definitely buying myself some more... I think Wild Oranges deserves a try too! :D their natural Bay Rum splash is nice and goes nicely with the OSP Bay Rum, for what it's worth! :p

8d48b9c1a9718068a4a2fe0134ef933e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sotd - Thursday - 15/2/18

Razor - ER 1912 English
blade - ER (4)
brush - Simpsons P8 badger
soap - Fitjar Slåtterøy cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Mundus Bay Rum.

Result - an excellent evening shave.

More adventures linguistic and shaving with Odin's apothecary - Fitjar. Next cab off the rank - Slåtterøy. Quoting - 'Slåtterøy is the name of a lighthouse just west of Fitjar,' and continues 'we can see the beams of light from the lighthouse sweeping across the night sky,' yes, that's what they do - 'two sweeps every 30 seconds.' A fascinating level of detail but what's this got to do with shaving? 'Lighthouses were the guiding light of seamen of old,' - indeed, and presumably still are - a lighthouse without a light is just a very tall thin house. 'A family story goes like this,' - I'll condense the next bit - the soap maker had a relative that went to sea and brought her husband some aftershave - 'in a blue bottle. He treasured that aftershave and kept it long after the bottle was empty.' Get to the bloody point - its bay rum - isn't it? I know, I've just shaved with it and it smells of bay rum. Not quite there yet - her husband 'still remembers the thrill of the gifts from afar, the whiff of overseas, kindling a sense of wanderlust and adventure.' I may be being unfair - perhaps this all reads perfectly well in Norwegian - not in the least bit pretentious? I doubt it though. 'Slåtterøy is our interpretation of a bay rum fragrance,' - yes - we got there! 'Bright notes of cheerful citrus and woody spices,' - fair enough - an accurate description but 'sparkly lemon and lime.' Do Swarovski do citrus fruit? Piss taking aside - it's very good. Not like any other bay rum I have used. Much more complex - again not the strongest scented soap you will find but hands down my favourite of the three creams I have tried by Fitjar. The post shave is very good - in the rare class - for me - that makes a balm unnecessary. The aftershave by Mundus came from hippy Ebay - Etsy. It's witch hazel based so could be shipped from America by the maker. I am close to running out but when I went to get more recently her products - Mundus is the lovely Jennifer - were not listed anymore - which is a bummer. I also have the sandalwood and cedar version - both of which are a guaranteed 'you smell nice,' from my other half. So - smoother than Thor's swimming cap - job done. Enjoy your shaves gentlemen - yours - I.

@Blademonkey - the Salter tallow and a puck of undercover MWF aka Kent to keep it company are on their way.

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: WDC-8, 24mm Finest
Soap: Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Schick Proline P
View attachment 33377
The performance of this soap is pretty good but the scent is amazingly divine, pairs quite well with the 4711 but will have to treat myself to the splash some day.
Every time I use the Cobra I wonder if I'm only keeping my other razors for sentimental reasons?
Happy Shaving one and all!
I somehow doubt that you would stick to one Razor, you would soon be bored. Variety is the Spice of Life. You might one day get it down to a Handful.

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Sensor Excel
Blade: N/A
Brush: Rough,No Name Boar
Soap: Stirling's 'Texas on Fire'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / The Sudsy Soapery: Lavender & Peppermint Aftershave Splash

Apart from catching my top lip, which was my own careless fault.....that was an impeccable shave...

Friday 16th February

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Proraso Green Soap
Omega 10049 Boar Brush
Muhle R41 (2011) with a Treet Tez Carbon Steel Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Lacura Duo-Lift Moisturiser
Alcolada Glacial AS
Oudh Khalifa 2020 EDP

I would say the Treet Tez Blade and the R41 is not a 'Marriage made in Heaven'. The end result was achieved but the blade was not as I would have wished for in use.......not very smooth. Amazingly it passed the Alum test OK.
2 passes and a touch up for a very smooth face, but I won't repeat this combination again. Too many other choices.

Back
Top Bottom