SOTD Saturday 10th to Friday 16th September 2016

I have to agree with you regarding the witch hazel, it has replaced my reliance on alum, unless I pick up a nick where the alum comes out to remind me to be more careful in future, it stings like a wasp but stops blood loss quickly.
I don't think people would cringe at the thought of you using Blue's goats milk soap, it seems to have quite a following, many people use it. If it works for you and you like it that's all that matters.
I have other equal par soap's to Blue's Goat's milk soap,such as Tabac Palmolive, Proraso which as you rightly said work all for me,..you use what works for you.".ball's to what other people think or say"..everyone is entitled to a point of view..as for using alum i still use it on big nicks..your right, it stops blood loss much quicker, than witch hazel, or the good old bog roll.:D Regards.

Excellent Post Mr.Greybeard, I second you on your choice of blades..infact most of the Russian ones are excellent, Wright's coal tar soap is another one of my favourites..even though i prefer..." the Cold tar brand":D..i haven't yet experienced either the pre-shave proraso, or the Glyce soap wash, but the Proraso splash along with Floid (Amber Original ) are both my favourite splashes along with Old spice,Tabac, Brut original-Brut Attraction total..i've just ordered a 400ml bottle of Floid from the bay..so that will keep me happy for a while, your choice of razor, well i don't have a EJDE89, but i do have a Merkur 34cHD and find it a totally brilliant all round razor...ho i almost forgot my favourite soap: 1'st for value slickness, protection &performance.."people are going to cringe" Blue's Goat's milk tallow"!..of which i've ordered another 2 tins yesterday..my Brushes i have to say My Semogues, which are such brilliant all round performers..and my most favourite item, Witch Hazel which is a must to every shaver..i could go on but wont...Enjoy your shaves. Regards.;)

Thanks Foxy...I have 4 or 5 different Brut AS splashes and enjoy them all! Still need to try 'proper' coal tar soap...but the reformulated Wrights is worth using. Still awaiting an order of Blue's soaps. If it's impressive, I'll no doubt post about it. I use witch hazel quite a bit...Thayers with aloe Vera and Humphreys...both excellent. Like I say, I like to use alum as a 'radiation detector', but I have to admit I actually like the zing and the cooling affect after its been run under cold water:cool:

DSC_0435_zpsznlclvdq.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Schick Type F Injector
NOS Dutch Made Schick Super Stainless Injector Blade (New)
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Wickham 1912 Vegetal Soap
Logona Mann Balm

My 1st Factory Blade SE Shave for Months..After Shaving with SRs & Hollow Ground Blade SEs for so Long the Schick F Type is Like a Boys Toy..Its Like Shaving with a Cart Razor to Me these Days & this Aint No Pussy Cat..That Said..I Enjoyed My Shave Today with the Almighty Cool Sorta Goofy Lookin Schick F Type..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

DSC_0435_zpsznlclvdq.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Schick Type F Injector
NOS Dutch Made Schick Super Stainless Injector Blade (New)
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Wickham 1912 Vegetal Soap
Logona Mann Balm

My 1st Factory Blade SE Shave for Months..After Shaving with SRs & Hollow Ground Blade SEs for so Long the Schick F Type is Like a Boys Toy..Its Like Shaving with a Cart Razor to Me these Days & this Aint No Pussy Cat..That Said..I Enjoyed My Shave Today with the Almighty Cool Sorta Goofy Lookin Schick F Type..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy
I don't know if I would call it goofy lookin, I think it looks cool, not as cool as the bunny but still cool. I likes it! Nice brush too.

Just think how modern that must have looked back in 1941, it looks up to date now!
That is a "bootiful" injector!! I need one of those.
I have Shaved with the Cobra Classic which is a Lovely SE...The Schick Type F with Correct NOS Blade as Sharp as a Feather Pro is Ahead of it in Leaps & Bounds..:)

Billy

Back
Top Bottom