SOTD: Saturday 11 February - Friday 17 February 2023

What a great time to be in Brazil. May the temptations of the devil be with you. They would me.
Definitely if anyone ever wants to come to Brazil they always mention the carnival & copacabana beach which iv been to and to come and get paid handsomely helps.
I’m resisting all temptation this weekend,
in fact i might not even go to the carnival
i’m a good boy.
disney classic GIF

View attachment 100798
In a bit of a quandary over this shave.
I used the 1960s Gillette Platinum blade (fourth shave) and the Yaqi razor. Fine.
Used a free shaving cream which came with an order. Looking at the illustration on the tube it seems to expect me to apply it to one nipple and one shin. I decided my face would be a better location, so added it and tried to lather with a brush. The cream didn't lather at all and the brush seemed to help the cream soak in. Disappointingly it's a brushless cream. I mean, it does say "shaving oil-cream" but I thought they were separate things so still held out hope.
It's unscented and slightly oily and allows for a decent shave. But I was hoping for a rich thick lather. Ah well, the resulting shave was good but uninteresting.
Applied also-new-to-me aftershave and the fragrance is pleasant but very weak, even when liberally applied.

All in all a great result but dull.

Rating: 3 / 5

Razor: DLC Yaki Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1960s)
Lather: FourActiveMen
Aftershave: Bi Es Dynamix https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63ef806dd581142156d56cef
Looking at the illustration on the tube it seems to expect me to apply it to one nipple and one shin

Ah well, the resulting shave was good but uninteresting.

All in all a great result but dull.
:ROFLMAO:
Shoulda put it on one nipple and one shin!

It is that time of the week to say 'And my final entry for this week of SOTD's is themed'......, 'Quick! Come on Bluntrazorman! We need to save the Shavendom from the realms of those bastard bearded behemoth brutes'

20230217_182002.jpg

Bring on....

The Dimpled Destroyer - Tatara Nodachi dark
Superblademan - Feather
The Incredible Sulk - Yaqi Dandelion
The Silver Soaper - MDC Agrume
Mr Moisturiser - Scottish Fine Soaps balm

'I told you. He's a waste of bloody time this Satanfriendly bloke. Bloody waste of time'

A great way to end the week and saving my face from a fate worse than a fate worse than death. Those damn bristle things.

I've rather taken to my 'dip your toes in' return to Feather DE blades and I must say, in the Nodachi they do work rather wonderfully. And it appears this blade has seen it past three whole shaves, which is a minor miracle for a Feather.

The MDC? It is what MDC is. Brilliant. Can I make a dent in the contents? Not at all. If you are ever thinking of purchasing, don't be put off by the price. It simply goes on forever, and it goes on your face superbly. Big thumbs up.

All in all a superlative end to the week.

I will wish you all a most bodacious of weekends and I give you my love to make it all even better because, I love you all.

And I would suggest you like these ladies and their Puffyshoes because apparently most boys don't.....

Definitely if anyone ever wants to come to Brazil they always mention the carnival & copacabana beach which iv been to and to come and get paid handsomely helps.
i’m a good boy.
disney classic GIF

Snap on both. I worked out of Niteroi for long enough.

Copacabana? So you must know the 'Help' bar then? If not, don't bother. It is Hell on earth for easily tempted men with a happy lady back home.

Snap on both. I worked out of Niteroi for long enough.

Copacabana? So you must know the 'Help' bar then? If not, don't bother. It is Hell on earth for easily tempted men with a happy lady back home.
no sorry never heard of the help bar but trust me there’s one here also called Casa Blanca
aka the white house but it’s far from white,
dark, dingy & seedy
just the way i like it

3E80CACA-B9CF-4E1A-A7E9-0B2A05893D31.jpeg
SOTD: 17/02/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 10th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Fragrance: PAA Awesome Sauce EdP

I always regretted not buying PAA Awesome Sauce EdP when I had a rare chance to get some splashes from the USA, I finally got the opportunity to grab this and it’s exactly what I hoped for, a stronger, longer lasting version of Proraso Green. A great shave from the Vector and the Kai blade seems to be going on and on!
Enjoy the weekend guys.

no sorry never heard of the help bar but trust me there’s one here also called Casa Blanca
aka the white house but it’s far from white,
dark, dingy & seedy
just the way i like it

Apparently the Help is closed now. Try visit Niteroi while you are there and especially Sao Francisco. I prefer the other side of the bay. Quieter and more civilised

i’m a good boy.
disney classic GIF
Hmmm, Copacabana beach isn’t that where girls wear monokinis made from dental floss?
Enjoy but try not to get dental floss stuck in your teeth :ROFLMAO:

20230221_145921.jpg

Nice shave today with this lot. There's a Shark SS on its 3rd shave in the R45 and WilkinsonSword soap in the TF&H tub.

Hot wash, face lather, WTG, hot wash, face lather, ATG, cold wash and AS balm.

Skin is still.off from this bug I've had and actually got a couple of tiny nicks where it's raised slightly and I didn't notice.

Nothing major though and a nice smooth shave overall...

20230221_154319.jpg

View attachment 101180

Nice shave today with this lot. There's a Shark SS on its 3rd shave in the R45 and WilkinsonSword soap in the TF&H tub.

Hot wash, face lather, WTG, hot wash, face lather, ATG, cold wash and AS balm.

Skin is still.off from this bug I've had and actually got a couple of tiny nicks where it's raised slightly and I didn't notice.

Nothing major though and a nice smooth shave overall...
Hello fellow time traveler, you have traveled to last week's SOTD !

Paul .

Back
Top Bottom