Soap: B&M Leviathan
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,565
dwehTUO.jpg

PXL_20230217_131248582.jpg
In a bit of a quandary over this shave.
I used the 1960s Gillette Platinum blade (fourth shave) and the Yaqi razor. Fine.
Used a free shaving cream which came with an order. Looking at the illustration on the tube it seems to expect me to apply it to one nipple and one shin. I decided my face would be a better location, so added it and tried to lather with a brush. The cream didn't lather at all and the brush seemed to help the cream soak in. Disappointingly it's a brushless cream. I mean, it does say "shaving oil-cream" but I thought they were separate things so still held out hope.
It's unscented and slightly oily and allows for a decent shave. But I was hoping for a rich thick lather. Ah well, the resulting shave was good but uninteresting.
Applied also-new-to-me aftershave and the fragrance is pleasant but very weak, even when liberally applied.

All in all a great result but dull.

Rating: 3 / 5

Razor: DLC Yaki Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1960s)
Lather: FourActiveMen
Aftershave: Bi Es Dynamix https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63ef806dd581142156d56cef

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Wilkinson Sword ( Brazilian) 2
Brush = Simpsons T3
Soap = Lea Shave Stick
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Australian Bodycare
6396BBE4-C0AC-469C-AB60-76D75BEAA766.jpegLock Up all your wife’s & daughters it’s Carnival time here in Brazil:love:
Celebrate Rio De Janeiro GIF by Red Bull
Walking on the beaches looking at the peaches
has there ever been a more appropriate lyric ever ?
Unfortunately iv made a pact with the devil so no Sex, drugs & rock & roll for me,
Last week put me off for life :unsure:
i think.
What a stupid time to turn in to a martyr

Oh right i nearly forgot i’m on a shaving forum :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This shave was first class it really was.
very cheap easy to obtain products and a straight 10/10 shave.
The Lea Stick is so so underrated by me,
it’s so good, it’s thick, creamy & has slickness in abundance so why don’t i use it often,
i will never know
again probably my stupid side,
i don’t think iv ever had such a creamy lather, and whipping it up meant dipping the tips on a few occasions to get my preferred consistency.
It’s getting closer to home now so i get a bit excited although i’m only home for 3-4 weeks then back out here for a week or two.
Onwards & Upwards Stay Safe Everyone
and if you all get bored just remember i’ll be at the carnival lol
Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T
Celebrating Rio De Janeiro GIF by xponentialdesign

Unfortunately iv made a pact with the devil so no Sex, drugs & rock & roll for me,
Last week put me off for life :unsure:
i think.
What a stupid time to turn in to a martyr

Oh right i nearly forgot i’m on a shaving forum :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Uncle Donnie says

'What happens in Brazil, stays in Brazil'.

Unless you get a rash.

If that happens, Uncle Donnie says

'See your GP'

(y)

Fat Friday!

Friday 17th February

IMG_3059_Fotor.jpg

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Marvellous Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap & Coronet Pure Bristle
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Bulldog (Stainless) Handle & Treet Platinum (2)
Tabac Aftershave

Who am I kidding?

I'm doing a back to back with the very excellent Statum Platinum Chrome and my favourite blade, the Treet Platinum ... and last night I commented that it was close, but there was a margin. It's actually quite a margin. The Treet put out one of those sublime shaves for me in the Gillette Hybrid Tech. Absolutely 10/10. Absolutely my first preference.

But don't be down on the Statum Platinum Chrome because in my books it's a 9.5/10 which is very high praise indeed, placing it amongst such peers as the Treet DuraSharp, the Personna Platinum Chrome and the PermaSharp Super ... in my books, anyway.

Super-excited to try my newly acquired Tabac veg formula soap, but it's Mitchell's month and I'll have to wait. I can have a splash, though ... superb finish!

Back
Top Bottom