SOTD : Saturday 11th August - Friday 17th August 2018.

Monday 13th August

Pears Glycerine Soap
Proraso Green Tea and Oat Preshave
Stirling Black Cherry Soap
New Forest 2223 High Mountain Badger
Yaqi OC razor on a slim Ikon Handle with a Treet Silver Carbon Steel Blade
Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Pinaud Clubman AS

Three passes and touch up for a super shave. A good start to what is going to be an incredibly busy week.

image.jpg

~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Valbora Glicerlanolina soap
Razor ~ Cobra Classic
Blade ~ Proline P-30
Soap ~ vintage Old Spice - Shulton
Brush ~ YaQi Moka 26mm Badger
Post ~ Vintage Old Spice Aftershave - Shulton

A fab shave that took me back to the smells of the 1970s when I was but a young lad and my Dad used Old Spice products from shave soap to aftershave and deodorant......fantastic,as was my shave today. Clean shaven and smelling great.

Wishing you all a magnificent Monday.......P.

SOTD 20180813.

Ge4ylwV.jpg

J&T® apple / Cashmere.
Jabones by Luna "Ginebre".
RazoRock "Hawk" V1 - black.
Feather Artist Club Pro Super (2).
Loris "E-202" EdP.

Monday 13th August
8bsqaVp.jpg

Heno de Pravia glycerine soap pre-wash - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - OSP Lemon Peppermint & Menthol - Ever Ready 1912
xRTcqBF.jpg
- GEM SSC #6 - Alum - Electrif's Lemon Chill A/S - Dove Instant Hydration Cream

The new soap from OSP is great. The scent blend works perfectly. Fresh and cooling. Perfect for warm days. James's soap base suits me fine. It's very thirsty and leaves my face feeling great.

Mon !3th Aug
Omega 11126 boar
Speick Active soap
ES Claymore V1 + Windrose Handle
Schick Proline [ 5 ]
La Toja A/S Lotion

To say Todays Shave was good would be an understatement. All elements combined- Soap, Razor and Blade condition to provide a great Shave.Not only was it Smooth and comfortable, but with ease I was able to get rid of growth in the usual stubborn areas - a real face stroker.

The more I use this little known Razor the better it seems to get, and is giving some of its rivals a run for their money. Just realised that the Speick is getting low , and it is so good that it should be replaced, along with some of the bath soap that they sell.

IMG_0194.jpg

Last edited:
Date: 13 August 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue Special Edition 2012 Badger/Boar knot 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Cheshire
Razor/Blade:- Karve 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

SOTD 13/08 - Back to the vintage razors... and this one is definitely vintage...

Pre Shave: Face wash with Bulldog Facial Wash
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Maseto Shaving 24mm Extra Density Finest Badger
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Razor: Gillette Milady Decollete; the box dates the razor to 1918 from the info on Mr Razor but the date code stamped on the head dates it to 1921.
Post: BBA Post Shave Balm / Boots Witch Hazel in a 70/30 mix with Aloe Vera
EDT: Issey Miyake Sport Homme

180813_SOTD.jpg

Last edited:
13th August

YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Pre De Provence No63
Rockwell 6C R4
Astra SP (1)
Pre De Provence No63 Balm
Mr Perfume Sublime Vanilla

Absolutely stunning performance from this beautifully scented French soap. It has it all - cushion, glide and slickness. . and that lovely scent.
Finished with the matching balm and Mr Perfume Sublime Vanilla, which I think compliments the balm quite well.

Carrying on the French theme . . ,

Don't blame me if you get caught watching this video !

Head SOTD
Prep: Shower
Cream: Nivea Sensitive
Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (3)
After: Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion

Safe and simple shave, you know what to expect when using this razor and blade. 2 phase lotion gives a nice silk post shave feel but the cream was a surprise, it lathers extremely well, it's slick and highly recommended. And it smells like Nivea!

shave.jpg

Monday 13th August PM

1e82b4406de885a1b4abe902b63d174d.jpg

Prep: Warm splash, BBA Face Wash then Proraso Pre Shave Cream Eucalyptus and Menthol.
Cream: Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Brush: ES Medium Jock synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (1)
Post: Cold rinse, Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber then Alvarez Gomez After Shave Balm followed by EAD Divulge EdT.

A bit of a Spanish theme tonight and a chance to really have a go with Alvarez Gomez Barberia shaving cream and after shave balm.

Usual prep then onto the lather. I just can't get enough of the AG Barberia. The citrus scent and underlying Mediterranean tones are first class. It takes a fair amount of water but after a minute or two the lather glistens and looks like silk.

The initial 2 passes were over quickly and the final pass was seamless. A few areas of buffing and J-hooking and I was done. After smearing on the leftovers, cleaning up and a cold rinse, I felt BBS. A splash of Thayers and application of AG Barberia balm and I felt great.

The AG Barberia is sublime. @Digimonkey

Back to the grind tomorrow!

All the best everyone! [emoji482]

Back
Top Bottom