SOTD: Saturday 11th December - Friday 17th December 2021.

2CCF2237-D27F-4106-ADA7-2B5C2BB155CE.jpeg

SOTD: 14/12/2021

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain Puck
Aftershave: Penhaligon’s Juniper Sling Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A delightful shave from start to finish, the twig is just simplicity in action and that’s in a good way!

02AAB86F-3511-4FBE-92BF-44BE7004F920.jpeg

Razor: ATT SE1
Blade: Feather Professional (1)
Soap: WSC Shamrock Tweed
Brush: Vulfix H2, Pure Badger

Before I fell down the rabbit hole, I used cheap brushes, and I had a few pricklers before settling on the Proraso/Omega boar brush, which did me right up until I decided I needed lots of top notch shaving gear, and enough soap to last a nuclear winter.
I thought I'd had a few pricklers—up until this morning. I bowl lather to get started, but like to continue on my face, massaging in circles and building up richer lather as I go.
I got a fright with this bugger! Seriously, I don't know how anyone could use a brush like this and enjoy it. Even when I resorted to paint strokes, it was grim. For the second pass, I just squeezed the contents of the brush out and spread it with my hands.
Tomorrow, it's back to the Alpha two-band, with its feather-soft tips. The Vulfix can sit on a shelf somewhere, or maybe I'll use it to polish my boots.

Tuesday 14th December

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Meissner Tremonia Bay & Rum (Natural Brown pre-Market Test) Shaving Soap
ASW Scanlon w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
GEM by Personna (2)
Pinaud VIBR

I enjoyed the combination so much last night, I simply repeated it ... although switched to VIBR for afters.

While it has lost the sheer majesty of a fresh GEM blade, it was still bloomin' good!

Wed 15 SOTD
Soap LaToja
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Clone Feather/Kai AC
Blade Feather ProGuard 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
Very nice soap...mild pleasant scent but excellent creamy and slick lather...
Another excellent shave with razor & blade pairing! Awesomely easy, unbelievably smooth, and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish. Aftershaves were excellent too.
20211215_092821.jpg

SOTD 15-Dec
20211214_135108.jpg
Brush: DG B11 Snowblivion
Soap: NO Plunder
Razor: CG Everyday
Blade: GSB (1)

No fuss shave, nice and smooth and ready for the day ahead. Nice smokey scent from the Plunder, fingers crossed NO go ahead with some EDPs as planned (and Finn can get them in of course!).

Looking forward to the CG Level 2 that should be arriving in the next few weeks (pain using a forward shipper but there you have it).

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
15/12/21
Pre - Shower, Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Faena Dorica
Razor - Gillette Fatboy F2 1960 #4
Blade - NOS Perma-sharp Supreme (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 50 (5).JPG
A great 2 pass shave was all that was required today for a wonderful finish, WTG then ATG. Again this blade doing what it is supposed to do, and doing it very well.
A Very happy shaver today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Back
Top Bottom