SOTD Saturday 11th November 2017 - Friday 17th November 2017

Thursday AM 2017-11-16

Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle (Green Oribe & Purple)
Elite Razor D7 Manchurian 2-Band (27mm/51mm)
Old Spice shaving soap (vintage)/Old Spice Original shaving cream
Weber Polished Head/Stork Consul Titanium
Personna 74 Tungsten (10)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave
FuEyWTT.jpg

Date: 17 November 2017 "SOTM"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bay Lime Twist 3x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Artist Club Professional #15
Post: - Speick Aftershave Lotion / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Bath / NIvea Men Active Wash
BBA Pre Shave Oil
Wickham 1912 Russian Leather
RazoRock 400
Merkur 34C
Astra SP (2)
Lime witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL
YSL Kouros EdT

I haven't been using pre shave products much recently, only washing and face lathering
Pre Shave Oil did make a difference to my shave tonight. It was almost as if it numbed my skin. I could hardly feel the blade
Russian Leather soap is always a pleasure to use. It provides protection and glide in equal measure and the scent is clean and fresh
I don't have to tell you all how good the 34C is, a tried and tested design since the 1930's.
Smooth shave with this razor/blade combo
Three passes left me BBS, without irritation or mishap.
Proraso Green is my favourite aftershave. Menthol cooling and good skin toning that really works for my skin.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Friday 17th November

Prep ~ Face wash, Donkey & Goats milk soap
Razor ~ Blackland Sabre, level two base plate
Blade ~ Pal Super - Carbon steel
Soap ~ Lea (Tallow)
Brush ~ Semouge OC Badger
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Club de nuit intense man

Shave Three with the level two plate, I used a blade I really like today and the results were as good as with the Gem SS but I feel the Pal Super's are a little smoother. However they are not cheap and only last a couple of shaves ( for me) so probably best stick to the Gem SS! :)
I finnished this lovely shave with a healthy spray of Club de nuit, a perfect finnish!

Have a great day people...the weekend is almost apon us! :) P.

Greetings All,

Thursday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: OSP – Grapefruit & Menthol (thanks @Agent Shave)
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3P)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3rd)
Brush: Razorock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, then Nivea 2 Phase, Michael Kors EDT and to conclude Nivea Sensitive Cooling Balm.

New soap today – OSP Grapefruit & Menthol. Thoughts – I was a bit disappointed with the lack of scent however, slickness, cushion and post shave feel were excellent. This was also my first menthol soap and found it quite cooling. How does this soap's cooling rate to other menthol soaps?

Overall had a good shave this morning – not sure my skin likes the Wilkinson sword blade – looking forward to changing this as again, even though on a milder plate still had a few weepers (same places as yesterday)

Cheers,

Brian

p.s. If you have not used @Agent Shave I do recommend - service and packaging are excellent.
Greetings All,

Thursday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: OSP – Grapefruit & Menthol (thanks @Agent Shave)
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3P)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3rd)
Brush: Razorock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, then Nivea 2 Phase, Michael Kors EDT and to conclude Nivea Sensitive Cooling Balm.

New soap today – OSP Grapefruit & Menthol. Thoughts – I was a bit disappointed with the lack of scent however, slickness, cushion and post shave feel were excellent. This was also my first menthol soap and found it quite cooling. How does this soap's cooling rate to other menthol soaps?

Overall had a good shave this morning – not sure my skin likes the Wilkinson sword blade – looking forward to changing this as again, even though on a milder plate still had a few weepers (same places as yesterday)

Cheers,

Brian

p.s. If you have not used @Agent Shave I do recommend - service and packaging are excellent.
Brian

Thank you so much for your kind feedback about our service! If you want a face freeze try Phoenix & Beau Denali - its eye wateringly cold!!!!

Kind regards

Agent L

Friday's shave :)

Best shave of the week, so far, a cracker!

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold-Tar Soap, followed by Village Barbour Pre-Shave Oil.
Razor - Blackland Sabre-SE v1.0.
Blade - GEM PTFE (Day 1)
Soap - OSP Grapefruit and Menthol.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Grapefruit and Menthol splash.

First use of the OSP Grapefruit and Menthol, which was awaiting me when I arrived home last night, along with some questions from the wife as to what have I been ordering now.

The performance and scent form the OSP Grapefruit was excellent, stunning. I feel that this will be a great summer soap! Its been a number of weeks since the Sabre-SE has had a run out. Superb shave - 3 passes on the face with only 2 needed on the neck - BBS +, if you can get such a thing :) The tiniest of weepers on the third pass, all forgotten after a cold water splash.

The OSP Grapefruit and Menthol splash really topped off the shave, a stunning scent and great on the skin!

@OSP thank you for producing such great software and hats off to @Blackland for the hardware.

Have a great day all,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom