SOTD : Saturday 12th March - Friday 18th March 2022.

Last night's shave arrives on your screens themed, 'Angry'

View attachment 85615

An angry razor - ATT G1
Or was it an angry blade? - GEM
Angry brush? Not so - Yaqi Dandelion
Nasty soap? I don't think so - Captain Fawcett's
Calming the anger - Boots styptic pencil

'Fucking anger management?'

So a new toy on the block and found loitering in the pages of the BST. It just loitered for too long.

Now, I am not normally a great fan of ATT razors, but this one did catch my eye being for GEM bladed. Having hundreds of the bloody things it gives me good reason to thin the collection.

Read the reviews, mild, okay then, a daily driver. Mmmmm. Nice. Military build quality in to the bargain.

Load the blade. WTF is all this about? It reminded me of those old steel puzzle rings where after hours of frustration a pair of pliers usually came in to play. Go on line to find some indication of how this thing goes together. All I found was pages and pages of someone called @Boycie83 giving his thoughts as how to build a G1 razor. Managed to get there in the end and lucky I still have 5 fingers on each hand. Read on, I am lucky still to have a face.

Fawcett's and a Dandelion. Just can't go wrong. And I didn’t. Perfect.

Hit it. Yup, mild alright and feeling good about this. Nice and easy.

Then out of the blue, 'slash', and the bastard opens up my cheek. Didn’t even feel it, but could certainly see a sea of red developing. Calling Dr Styptic. Phew. Give it another try, easing back a bit. Yup, more like it.

WTF!?

This is looking bad. A lifetime supply of cuts in 60 seconds. Something is not right here and I haven't got a clue what. Feels mild but the amount of stealth nicks appearing quickly has me quit the G1.

Step in Dr Mongoose and his baby shaving Proguard. By now the styptic has killed any joy of working with a fluffy lather and so it was a case of making whatever could be extracted from a bad job.

End results? Diabolical. Time to have a rest for a few days and walk away from my unplanned attempt at cosmetic surgery. Where are those 'Botched' guys when you need them?

Could it be a misalignment, a duff blade or simply me being useless? I will return to it in a few days time once my Frankenstein look has eased back.

So an angry shave needs to finish with an angry tune........

I love you all :love:
Hi Chris,
I had a so called revised one, and despite clever work by Paul @ Blademonkey still was exceedingly mild. Traded it in for Occams 1. Hope it eventually works for you. I think I have curbed my desires for new armament, though I fancy The Stando rod.
Stay safe - maybe bin the Razor.
Mike

Tue 15th March

RR 400. Plissoft noir
La Toja stick
ER 1912- ex Bathroom Set
Gem S/S ( 5 )
La Toja A/S Lotion

I really should use the La Toja stick a lot more, as it produces a superb lather to work with. Perhaps will grate a few sticks into a bowl as I did with some Arko.Another pleasant Shave with a satisfying close finish.

D8C94F3E-884A-43F3-B611-6CA840F090DE.jpeg

275438644_1136666067168618_3494642083203218428_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, 4711 shower gel
Soap: TDS Lilac Notes
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Gillette 1958 TV Special Superspeed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)

First run out for the Superspeed I picked up from @Rohleder 's recent BST. I'm more than happy with how it looks for the age, and am going to continue to use as it arrived (quick barbicide on arrival and job's a good 'un!)
It's a nice bit of kit, and feels right in the hand. First couple of strokes told me it was a bit more aggressive than the Merkur 34, but that's obviously relative as neither really deserves that word attributed to it. The blade gave a great finish, and the TDS lather ensured a superb coating to give the Superspeed a fair go. Definitely one that will sit with the Merkur for regular rotation , and I'm sure will become a firm favourite.

Last edited:
Last night's shave arrives on your screens themed, 'Angry'

View attachment 85615

An angry razor - ATT G1
Or was it an angry blade? - GEM
Angry brush? Not so - Yaqi Dandelion
Nasty soap? I don't think so - Captain Fawcett's
Calming the anger - Boots styptic pencil

'Fucking anger management?'

So a new toy on the block and found loitering in the pages of the BST. It just loitered for too long.

Now, I am not normally a great fan of ATT razors, but this one did catch my eye being for GEM bladed. Having hundreds of the bloody things it gives me good reason to thin the collection.

Read the reviews, mild, okay then, a daily driver. Mmmmm. Nice. Military build quality in to the bargain.

Load the blade. WTF is all this about? It reminded me of those old steel puzzle rings where after hours of frustration a pair of pliers usually came in to play. Go on line to find some indication of how this thing goes together. All I found was pages and pages of someone called @Boycie83 giving his thoughts as how to build a G1 razor. Managed to get there in the end and lucky I still have 5 fingers on each hand. Read on, I am lucky still to have a face.

Fawcett's and a Dandelion. Just can't go wrong. And I didn’t. Perfect.

Hit it. Yup, mild alright and feeling good about this. Nice and easy.

Then out of the blue, 'slash', and the bastard opens up my cheek. Didn’t even feel it, but could certainly see a sea of red developing. Calling Dr Styptic. Phew. Give it another try, easing back a bit. Yup, more like it.

WTF!?

This is looking bad. A lifetime supply of cuts in 60 seconds. Something is not right here and I haven't got a clue what. Feels mild but the amount of stealth nicks appearing quickly has me quit the G1.

Step in Dr Mongoose and his baby shaving Proguard. By now the styptic has killed any joy of working with a fluffy lather and so it was a case of making whatever could be extracted from a bad job.

End results? Diabolical. Time to have a rest for a few days and walk away from my unplanned attempt at cosmetic surgery. Where are those 'Botched' guys when you need them?

Could it be a misalignment, a duff blade or simply me being useless? I will return to it in a few days time once my Frankenstein look has eased back.

So an angry shave needs to finish with an angry tune........

I love you all :love:
That's crazy, daft question but the back end wasn't raised somehow was it? Putting that head together is bloomin awkward until you get used to it.

15/03/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Bay Rum Argan Oil
A/S - DR Harris Bay Rum

Wk 11 (4).JPG
Smooth all round!
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sotd-15-03-22.png

ATT Calypso alu - M plate
Treet Platinum (5)
Simpson Special best
Ach Brito Lavanda
warm water, witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive moisturiser
Homme de Caron edt.

An hour of meditation then a relaxed and mindful lavender shave left me in a very good place. Problem is I now have to go to the supermarket, so that's that fukced then. :) cheers - I.

That's crazy, daft question but the back end wasn't raised somehow was it? Putting that head together is bloomin awkward until you get used to it.

Awkward is about correct. Very capable of taking ends of digits off. No more so than the Enoch and will just take time.

I did think about the raise at the back and wondering if removing the spine would make the whole thing better.

I don't let defeat get the better of me so I shall preserve. I am not quite at the point of letting it loose on my nads yet.

PS-Proraso
Brush-Stolen Generic possibly Cathay Pacific?
Blade-Gillette Saloon*
Soap-P&B Sanskrit**
Razor-R41 Grand
AS-Lavender Oil (Dilute)
AAS-4711

*Only the second use of this blade and it seemed “tired”. I usually get 3 decent shaves from the saloon but not with this one.

** I can’t claim to be a scent gourmet but when the lid comes off this soap it brings a smile to my face.

Back
Top Bottom