Enjoy your weekend!

Last edited:
Sat 12th March
Kent Infinity
Williams Ice Blue Cream
PAL Adjustomatic
Schick S/S [7- chick ]
Alum Rub/ Aqua Velva

Think the head on the PAL has been made to be more aggressive than the late model Schicks. It certainly shaves both smoothly and efficiently , and continues to deliver a top class shave.

IMG_0201.jpg

SOTD 12/3/16

Hot Towel, Phoenix & Beau Solaris, Body Shop Synthetic, Merkur 39C, Astra SS(6), Cold Towel

I miss the Mongoose already! Such a smooth shaver (even in comparison to the smooth 39C), and so quick! That said, Solaris was a wonderfully fresh shave this morning, light and cool.

upload_2016-3-12_9-28-45.png

6rWR5olh.jpg

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Pre: Clinique Face Scrub
Soap: Petal Pusher Fancies Honeysuckle
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Kai (4)
Post #1: Saponificio Varesino Aromatic Fern After Shave Balm
Post #2: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser
Scent: Cedrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne (From a Sample)

Come on spring!

259ersl.jpg

Prep: Hot wash
Bowl: Dark Oak
Brush: Omega Hi-Brush Synthetic
Cream: TOBS Natural
Razor: Braveheart head on Windrose T-2 handle
Blade: Polsilver SI

Same setup as yesterday, but with the T-2 handle replacing the H-7. A much improved experience! Changed back to the H-7 at the end of the shave and again it felt awkward. Which is a shame as I love the looks and design of the H-7 ... Perhaps I can find another head that it works better with. Still not a great shave, I don't seem to be getting on with the Polsilver SI (though it was OK in the 39C). Result was BBS though, so can't complain :)

2cffek2.jpg

LPL Original
Wolf whiskers 'Abyss' Ûbersoft 2
Butler hollow ground straight razor
LPL AS

A poignant shave due to this Butler being my Great-Grandfather's razor (who I never knew) last used in 1960, I have had the razor restored to service by UKRob who has done a smashing job. The shave was a two pass shave with a smooth result :) Have a great weekend Gents.

Return of the Fat
RazoRock Plissoft Barber
Trump Slant (another one kindly sent out by Keith @Whosthedaddy)
PSI [2]
Old Spice AS
Melizia Uomo Vetyver

25096453474_3330514305_c.jpg

Now I see what I missed the other night! Very smooth shave, it will be better next time when I dump the PSI - really not all that! 1 Pass, plus touch up and a DFS results. After a few runs out with the Omega 49 I've come to realize that Synthetic is where is at!

Have a good weekend gents

Back
Top Bottom