SOTD : Saturday 14th August to Friday 20th August 2021

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Feather ( 1 )
Brush = Shavemac 26mm 2 Band Badger
Soap = Ariana & Evans Summer Fig Sample
Splash = TOBS Eton College Collection
Balm = Nivea Original.

Brilliant shave today,
iv never used a feather blade for a number of months & i forgot how good they can be although not as good as the Gillette Super Thins imho,
Also The Soap was a bit of a let down
don’t get me wrong it done everything you want from a good soap but the scent just wasn’t for me.
Never Mind Onwards & Upwards
8ADAD48C-4A83-4F64-93D7-A0123875328B.png

303295E1-E36A-4835-AB44-38A2C46625B8.jpeg

Prep: Shower with bulldog exfoliating soap face wash.

Pre: PAA cube menthol.

Soap: Hampshire wool fat no. 2.

Brush: ZENITH unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE

Razor: Rockwell Model T

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword.

A surprisingly good combination and shave, though this is my least favourite of the Hampshire range. It still feels great just not a fragrance for me.

Tue 17 SR SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Torrey 5/8 Wedge
Aftershave Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Cella Milano
Another good day of lather from the soap.
Finally reached my 50th straight razor shave. Really enjoying this journey! This razor's edge was after 2nd round of full-pasted balsa progression. It was keen and smooth but due to being in a hurry...managed 3passes for sas result and 1 nick on the chin. The lesson learned here is to not use an SR when in a hurry...especially with my novice skills.
20210817_085557.jpg

SOTD : 17th August 2021.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Frank Shaving 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Arko Maximum Comfort Shaving Cream.
Blade: Mers SuperShave X Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s.(Settings) 3-wtg,3-atg,+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Cool ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

A relaxing 2 pass + pick ups DFS with no errors to report....The Arko max-comfort cream is superb, only a small amount is required for a excellent slick protective lather, leaving a good post shave feeling...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Arko Cool ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
20210817_055526.jpg
SOTD 17th Aug
Pre - PAA Cube
Soap - WSP Citrus Blast
Brush - Yaqi Butterscotch 22mm Cashmere
Razor - Supply V2 Injector 2 dot Comfort plate
Blade - Personna injector #9
Post - Bayliss &Harding Ginseng & Black Pepper
Think the blade has come to its end - resulting in not the smoothest 3 passes. Post shave feels great regarding DFS finish - but this is not a mild razor - you're skin knows you've had a shave. Trying the Schick B20 blade next. WSP is not a soap you see too much of but combined with this brush produced a stunner of a lather - slick, shiny, refreshing scent and loads of it!
Take care all.

And finally an entry for this week from the depths of Satan Towers and themed 'Brass in pocket'

IMG_20210816_211703.jpg

Holes in my pocket - Brass Colonial General
Pocket knife - Feather Super Professional
Pocket sized(?) - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Water pocket - Penhaligon's Bayolea
Out of pocket - Chanel pour monsieur
Empty pockets - due to shaving

As the Pretenders sang

A late start to the week of shaving and the first shave since last Friday because of work, family and general idleness. But a very welcome one at that.

I couldn't think of a better razor to shift a fair bit of growth than the brass. I find shifting a few days of bristles usually involves a bit of the red, but I find the brass difficult to go wrong with. And it didn't. Perfection minus waving the red flag. I have no idea how many shaves now for this Feather Super Pro but it just goes on and on and on. SE's? Are they worth it? Oh yes

Another soap from the back of the drawer and yet another super performance. Add to that a wonderful fragrance and the Chanel in my pre-shave photo never saw the light of day. Throw on some Bayolea aftershave and grin appeal. Matching socks and underpants time.

Hope the week is going well for everyone and keep it that way.

And all to end with some Band Maid. Can't remember finishing with these for some time so why not? Probably one of the best girly bands from the land of the rising sun. Unlike Manchester where it rarely does.

SOTD 17-Aug
DSC02055.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: C&H Fanchurian
Soap: HeV Cognac
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

Nice warming scent for a dreary morning, it's strong (even for my nose) so couldn't use it every day but it's a nice one to have in the rotation.

Paired with the C&H and sabre made for a very comfortable 2 pass shave. Still no regrets with this sabre, but I do keep ogling the vintage GEM razors, I'm sure it won't be long until I pull the trigger.

In the meantime looking forward to trying the flexi out tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom