SOTD: Saturday 15th -Friday 21st June 2019.

SOTD
Prep: shower and Baxter of California shave tonic sprayed on hot towel for 1 minute.
Baxter of California Shave formula
D3 Gillette Fatboy on 6 then 3 with a Gillette Rubie blade.
Finished with the Shave tonic on a cool towel.

The shave formula is bizarre it is super moisturising and smooth however doesn't lather up like a whip like most shave creams.
I am really loving the Shave tonic from Baxters it's a very versatile product and both are minty and fresh perfect for the morning.

17/06/19

Razor: EJ 3one6
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Omega 10019
Soap: Mondial Tobacco Verde
Pre: Clubman Pinaud Oil
ASL & B: Boots Freshwood

Two lovely aromas today from the CP oil and the Mondial. A BBS finish from a 3 pass shave with no touch-ups. The GSB and 3one6 work very well together. Only 'business as usual' sting from the AS.

I struggled with the 10019 brush today (what a catchy name!). I used to be a fan of this brush for face lathering but having now compared it to my Semogue 1800 and larger Omega brushes, it no longer meets my expectation. I think I'm going to retire this brush and replace it with a Semogue 830.

I'm smooth and smelling great. Time to mobilise the family as we're going on our next caravan holiday today (Exmouth). With my 2 and 4 year old in tow, pray for good weather for us!!
89fb4b7ab0dc3998014dddf7bc8fef59.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

EJ DE89 head w/ Windrose Ti handle | Gillette Nacet (#2 and out)
DSCosmetic 26mm synth
Proraso Eucalyptus
Mastic water & organic aloe vera spray mix

pAfz6m4.jpg

The Proraso cream offers considerably improved efficacy (when compared to the Omega v03 cream). Lather, cushion etc. are there as should of course. The scent (menthol and eucalyptus) is more pronounced and slightly less 'synthetic' when compared to the Omega. The Vitos Susan Darnell Eucalyptus naturally beats both the Proraso and Omega in performance and efficacy.

EiONQK0.jpg

Next up to try are the Ralon Original Croatian shave cream as well as the MÜHLE Sea Buckthorn stick (the latter will be particularly tested in order to see if it pairs well with the Meißner Tremonia Wild Oranges aftershave.

SOTD 20190617.

5pyUY9V.jpg

J&T® mansonia wood / OUMO Brush Motherlode.
Vulfix "Sandalwood" shaving cream (sample).
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti Anaconda" handle.
Voskhod Teflon (5).
Loris "So Oud" EdP.

The little bowl on the photograph has an outer diameter of 10 cm.
The test: little shaving bowl or little bowl for nuts ?
Conclusion:

pwK2jn0.jpg

The little bowl can be used as a little shaving bowl - but it will be messy.
So I'll go for the nuts ... ;-)

Mon 17th June

Omega 11137 boar
MWF
ER 1924 - Windrose handle
Gem S/S [ 6 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Started this Vintage SE rotation with the ER 1924.Despite its rather careworn appearance with the addition of the S/S handle, it really is a good Razor and shaves smoothly and efficiently . I am rather pleased at the quality of the finished Shave which compares favourably with the performance afforded by other types of Razor.

IMG_0533.jpg

Monday 17th June

Pre - Soap Free Face Wash
Soap - Wilkinson's Shaving Stick
Brush - Omega 11819 (24mm/55mm unbleached)
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Voskhod (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Eyup Sabri Lemon

A fairly indifferent shave today. The blade seemed to lose it's sharpness mid shave, seemed good for the first pass but there wasn't much petrol in the tank for the second and third pass, which kind of applied to the Omega brush as well which has largely been a let down. Even though it has the same knot width & loft height as one of my favourite brushes (the Omega 80265) which has great backbone the 11819 is far too floppy and seems to eat lather as well. The latter is something I am not too worried about as the brush only has a few shaves under it's belt to date but it's floppy nature is something I'm not massively enthusiastic about.

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week.

Back
Top Bottom