SOTD: Saturday 15th - Friday 21th December 2018.

Friday 21st December

Pears Glycerine Soap
TOBS Cedarwood Cream
Yaqi with a 24mm Maggard's Badger/Boar Knot
Turkish Copper Bowl
Q-Shave Adjustable (3,4,5) with a SuerMax Blue Diamond Platinum
Alum and Rinse
Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
Pitralon Classic AS
Spice Bomb Perfume Oil

A perfect shave:)

In the UK the Winter Solstice occurs at 16 .28 UTC......so after today the hours of daylight start to increase again!
You can check for your own location:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...ember+Solstice+2018&iso=20181221T1628&p1=1440

NvWrcfX.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: GameChanger 0.84
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief Strawberry Amber
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Fri 21st Dec.

Cyril Salter / Maseto Extra Dense 2 Band. - courtesy James @Acer89
Mitchell Wool Fat
Ever Ready "Streamline "
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

A first outing for this Brush kindly gifted to me by James @Acer89 . I paired it up with MWF to give it a Test,and had no problems getting enough Lather for one pass. However, as it is quite thirsty I had to revisit the soap a couple of times
to get more lather. The Brush has extra loft as James increased the depth on the handle and inserted two coins, thus increasing knot height and providing nice weight the handle. It handles really nicely being soft on the face with plenty of backbone.

It is not all about the Brush, as it is there really to facilitate a Shave. Though I am realising why folk love the feel of a Badger, I still get great Lathers with no discomfort from my boars/synthetics. The Shave was with a "Streamline " which for me is a great Razor, which if used with a light touch is Smooth and Efficient, and a Razor which works well with a fresh blade. Was a more than a satisfactory Shave, as an ultra close all round finish was attained with ease.

IMG_0300.jpg

Back
Top Bottom