SOTD : Saturday 16th April - Friday 22nd April 2022.

Menthol Monday

dktd72S.png

Karve CB 3.5” SB Level F / Polsilver
Elite Razor Orange over Irish Bog Oak 28mm Boar
Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite Shaving Soap & Aftershave
Two-pass BBS, and off for a walk with Rosie on the grounds of the old Medfield State Psychiatric Hospital,
which was one of the filming locations for the movie “Shutter Island.”

Fhj41hX.png

18/04/22
Pre - Pears Transparent original face wash
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Rex Ambassador #2.75
Blade - Rapira Platinum LUX
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pashana
Wk16  (3).JPG
Not a lot to go at after yesterdays shave, therefore, 1x ATG pass and some touch up mainly on the whirlpools for a BBS comfortable finish.
Another great shave!
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

18 April

Signature Soaps Danum
Yaqi Dandelion
Razorock Game Changer
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Danum splash

81C0152B-DA25-4224-AE68-5C0F3F067D45.jpeg
The same cracking lather as yesterday. I wanted to see how the Treet blade, on its fourth shave, performed in the .68-P Game Changer (quite possibly my least aggressive razor). A smooth performance and a very nice finish was the result. I’m quite impressed with the Treet Platinum.

D8C62CA8-EC9B-4AFE-81EF-7A0245F24F3F.jpeg
SOTD: 18/04/2022

Razor: Mars Razor
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo Croap
Aftershave: A&E Monte Carlo Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A great shave to start the bank holiday Monday, every part was a winner.
Enjoy the day guys.

Mon 18 SOTD
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 "Steamship" Wedge New & 1st Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash
Fantastic soap and brush combination! Wonderful scent with a rich creamy and slick lather! The brush is just a joy to use.
New Razor just arrived! I just love old & big ax-type razors...this is with a super soft smooth and gentle edge. Another excellent razor from the genuinely good Ebay seller. 2nd W&B from him. Workday rush 2.5passes for an acceptable ccs/dfs result without any issues at all...wow! What a super nice edge. The aftershaves were very good too...
20220418_124609.jpg

SOTD 18-April
View attachment 86987
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: MSC Only The Brave
Razor: Gillette New
Blade: GSB (2)

Decent shave this morning with the next in line, Only The Brave. Same good performance but the scent wasn't as potent, decent enough scent in itself but prefer black tie.

Holy crap though, forgot that P20 sunscreen let's you know it's there on a freshly shaved face!

Hope everyone is having a grand day, getting ourselves sorted to head out to the beach with the family, see whether I can convince the little one to take a swim (doubtful).

Cheers

Marc
That's not a Gillette New, it may be a thick head '20's OLD with a thick washer between the bottom plate and a non-Gillette handle, but It would have to be a replate because it looks too good to be original nickel.

That's not a Gillette New, it may be a thick head '20's OLD with a thick washer between the bottom plate and a non-Gillette handle, but It would have to be a replate because it looks too good to be original nickel.
Yep you're on the ball there, me mistaking it from the description, good thing I got it purely because I liked the look of it. But you are spot on that it is a replate and the handle is a modern replica.

Yep you're on the ball there, me mistaking it from the description, good thing I got it purely because I liked the look of it. But you are spot on that it is a replate and the handle is a modern replica.

Looks fantastic, and the shave should be pretty amazing. (y)

Back
Top Bottom