SOTD Saturday 16th April - Friday 22nd April

Friday AM 2016-04-22

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle
Rooney 2/1 Finest (20mm/57mm)
Aramis JHL shaving soap (tallow)
Feather AS-D2/Triad Copper Rolling Hexagon
Wilkinson Light Brigade (7)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)
GcF3l7f.jpg

• Merkur 34c
  • TOBS synthetic brush
  • Edwin Jagger shaving bowl (with handle)
  • Polsilver Super Iridium (3rd shave)
  • Lucky Tiger face wash
  • Myrsol Emulsion (as a pre-shave)
  • Speick shaving cream
  • Speick aftershave spalsh
  • Speick balm

• Three passes (WTG, XTG & XTG) - BBS WTG & XTG, mostly BBS ATG
  • No irritation or nicks
I was impressed with the Speick cream - very nice, thick, creamy lather, and nice, subtle scent. However an hour or so later I am experiencing some minor irritation to the neck and around the lips - I'll need to be mindful of that and determine the culprit if it happens again.
20160422_180203.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons best
'Statan'/Wilkinson NOS
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS
Kramperts Bay Rum Acadian Spice AS and more used as cologne.

There's a bunch of oddball vintage Wilkinson packs in the arsenal.....no idea what the shave is like on these. Used at least one of each in the distant past so I picked one yesterday and went to shaving. Turned out to be a smooth but not very forgiving blade, since I had two red spots when I got done today and one yesterday. I think maybe it gets tossed tomorrow and another in the pile is tried. All different eras in the mix.

BBS results,

Martin

Last edited:
22nd April 2016

Bulldog Face Wash
Cella Classic Italian Shaving Soap
Haryali Snakeskin Silvertip Synthetic
Face Lathered
Gillette Guard (3)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)

IMG_3179_Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion
Azzaro Pour Homme EDT
Haramain Musk al Ghazal Attar (Wrists)
Pashana Hair Tonic​

DSC_0273_zpsvsnqmp6p.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Ever Ready Lather Catcher
Invisible Edge Stropping Blade NOS
Fichard Pure Badger
Haslinger Tallow soap
Thayers Original Witch Hazel

I just had the most Wonderful Shave of my Life with My Ever Ready Lather Catcher with an Invisible Edge Stropping Blade Today..A Dolphin Smooth All Over BBS Result..This thing just Mowed down the Whiskers like a Darn Snow Plough..One of these Stropping blades in the Ever Ready Catcher Transforms it into One Almighty Aggressive Smooth, Comfortable & Forgiving Shaver..:p

Its like putting a Twin Blade in a Schick Injector..Its Twice the Razor..Because of the age of the blade I gave it 10 Sets on 0.5 Micron Lapping Film just to Refresh the Edge & 20 Sets on the Nylon side the Strop & then another 20 Sets on the Leather..Awesome Sharp but very Comfortable & Forgiving..This Combo makes a Noise like Rolling Thunder..Current Gem Blades are Mediocre by Comparison..These Stropping blades are more Rigid than Gem Blades & Totally Change the Characteristic's of the Razor..Current Blades are a Step Backwards in Performance for Sure..:eek:

You are only Tapping into Shaving 1/2 the Potential of this Razor with a Current Gem Blade...The Ever Ready Lather Catcher is One Almighty Shaver when its used the Traditional Way as it was Intended..You are only Sniffing the Full Potential of this SE using a Current Gem Blade..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom