SOTD Saturday 16th December 2017 - Friday 22th December 2017

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: ER Streamline
Blade: Gem SS
IMG_20171220_171151.jpg

Came home to my Streamline waiting for me, many thanks Iain (@Digimonkey) for it's safe return.
Now I remember why it's become the favourite razor I own. Two passes and boom, the stubble is gone.
Second use of this great little brush and it didn't give up a single hair this time.
How smooth I hear you ask?

A shaving Haiku,
It was Iain's idea,
Smoother than black ice.

dpxANoB.jpg

Hi Wayne sorry for delay

Hi @Wayne Pritchard sorry for delay I didn't see your comment till I clicked on it.

Yep it is an 8/8 though I'd say after 150+ years of shaving and honing it's fairly altered in that respect but still holds an edge which is the most important thing.

It's in need of a refresh at the mo as it's my daily driver and is starting to tug.

Do you use straights?
Thank you for your reply.

That razor of yours really is a beauty.

In answer to your question, I have been learning the art of straight shaving over the past 6 months or so. I have had my struggles but is something I would love to master eventually. They really do fascinate me.

I recently loaned a Feather SS Japanese style and after several blood transfusions I started to have really good shaves with it so I do believe Santa has one under the tree for me.

All the best.
Wayne. :)

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: ER Streamline
Blade: Gem SS
View attachment 31890

Came home to my Streamline waiting for me, many thanks Iain (@Digimonkey) for it's safe return.
Now I remember why it's become the favourite razor I own. Two passes and boom, the stubble is gone.
Second use of this great little brush and it didn't give up a single hair this time.
How smooth I hear you ask?

A shaving Haiku,
It was Iain's idea,
Smoother than black ice.

'A shaving Haiku,
It was Iain's idea,
Smoother than black ice.'

Ha ha - Genius K - @Boru62 - I kowtow before you.

'behold the master shines true,
to return from my darkened ignorant night,
time will pass before dawn.'

Yours - cheers - I.

Wednesday 20th December 2017
SOTD 20th Dec.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: iKon 101 + Bamboo Handle
Blade: Racer Super Class Platinum (#1)
Brush: Mason Pearson Super Badger
Soap: Molton Brown
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Lucky Tiger AS & Face Tonic

Superb shave with the Racer blade, these are made by Lord and I suspect this blade is just a rebranded Lord Platinum Class, which is one of my favourite blades. I have a few packs of these but will only buy more if they are cheaper than the Lord Platinum Class.

Wickham 1912 Russian Leather
RazoRock 400
Ever Ready 1912
Gem SS (3)
Lime witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL
Fan Di Fendi Absoluto EdT

Only my third use of the 1912 razor, it seemed much smoother this time, perhaps the blade is mellowing a bit with use
It took very little effort to iron out two days growth, mostly BBS but I wasn't going to push my luck.
Barely any tingle from the aftershave so I must have got it right
Finished with Fendi Absoluto to top off my success

Last edited:
Wed 20th December

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Stirling Baker Street
ATT SE G1 V2
Gem S/S [ 1]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

My second use of a modern S/S SE-Gem Razor.this time the ATT G1 , purchased from a Forum Member. Thanks to Jesus @ronindug , great service and delivered from Spain very quickly. Though I stripped it down.there is no need to, just slacken off the handle so the top cap is unlatched. Loading a blade is easy,just ensure side slots and central slot are aligned correctly and then tighten the handle.

Having a Heavy/stubborn growth I may not be the average Shaver, so please bear that in mind. From the off the Razor Is Smooth with little blade feel,but it is quite apparent that it is reducing the whiskers. The problem for me is in the closing Stages of the Shave, the smoothness of the razor gives the impression that the shave is complete, but close inspection reveals for me a lot of polishing up work is required. For a first Shave quite a good overall quality of finish,and no doubt will suit those with lighter beards. Is It better than some of my Vintage SEs, time will tell but it does cost a lot.

By the way rinsing/cleaning a Razor Is easy, the dreaded locking device can be retained in the handle. no danger of going down the the sink, unless :mad: you are really careless.

IMG_0464.jpg

'A shaving Haiku,
It was Iain's idea,
Smoother than black ice.'

Ha ha - Genius K - @Boru62 - I kowtow before you.

'behold the master shines true,
to return from my darkened ignorant night,
time will pass before dawn.'

Yours - cheers - I.
Thanks I,
It's good fun isn't it, keeps the grey cells alive.
I'll catch you up one day.
Cheers,
K.

Date: 21 December 2017 "SOTM"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm bulb knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Lavender Woods 4x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Schöne Italian Open Comb
Blade: - Treet Platinum #3
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance: - L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

Thank you for your reply.

That razor of yours really is a beauty.

In answer to your question, I have been learning the art of straight shaving over the past 6 months or so. I have had my struggles but is something I would love to master eventually. They really do fascinate me.

I recently loaned a Feather SS Japanese style and after several blood transfusions I started to have really good shaves with it so I do believe Santa has one under the tree for me.

All the best.
Wayne. :)
I am very glad to hear you will be undertaking more straight shaving.

It really will give a remarkable shave!

For me it had to be mastered before I could shave any of my customers so there was a professional and generational push to get on with it.

For anyone wishing to improve themselves on their own accord, I can only imagine the sense of abundant achievement one feels when teaching oneself straight shaving and then mastering it!

Back
Top Bottom