18b94e22bb204f3dd1e2eca073fcc104.jpg

Vitos Red Super Extra
RazoRock 400
Merkur 34C
Treet Carbon (3)
Lime witch hazel mixture
4711 Aftershave
Mr Perfume Tom Neroli Portofino Oil

I had a good three pass shave and it all went very nicely until I got a small cut while chasing the usual stragglers around my Adams apple. User error of course, rushing the tidy up.
I like these carbon blades, and I think three shaves is my limit with them not wanting to tempt fate.
To my nose 4711 complements this perfume oil quite well. Either way, I smell better than I did an hour ago !

Monday 18th December 2017
SOTD 18th Dec.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: iKon 101 + Bamboo Handle
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (#3)
Brush: Proraso Boar
Soap: Proraso Green
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea soothing balm

Another fine shave from the Gillette Super Thin blade, sharp and smooth and works well in the 101 head, I needed 3 passes instead of the 2 with SBS head but very nice finish.

Vitos Red Super Extra
RazoRock 400
Merkur 34C
Treet Carbon (3)
Lime witch hazel mixture
4711 Aftershave
Mr Perfume Tom Neroli Portofino Oil

I had a good three pass shave and it all went very nicely until I got a small cut while chasing the usual stragglers around my Adams apple. User error of course, rushing the tidy up.
I like these carbon blades, and I think three shaves is my limit with them not wanting to tempt fate.
To my nose 4711 complements this perfume oil quite well. Either way, I smell better than I did an hour ago !

l]=

like the setup (love the Cat Stevens track i have all hes stuff I am a child of the Sixty's)

I stole it from Tennyson

Well stolen K. Keeping the tone up here. Very good.

"people turn to poison, quick as lager turns to piss":John Cooper Clarke.

I had the pleasure of seeing JCC and John Hegley years ago on the same bill at the CCA in Glasgow. Clarke - fell asleep on the train - from Manchester, presumably - to Glasgow - and was at least two hours late for the gig - as he woke up in Edinburgh and had to get a connection back. Hegley filled in well. When Clarke finally shambled onto stage - a total wreck - I'm not sure he knew where he was exactly - carrying a plastic shopping bag full of notebooks - which he spilled onto the stage and then seemed to pick up at random to recite from. He did 'Beasley Street,' among others - I had heard it many times on audio recording but it was even more gripping in real life. It needs his, on that occasion - frankly, out of it - accent to make it really work. Genius. Hegley was superb too but in a different way. He wrote an impromptu poem for my wife inside the cover of his book that I bought from him. It's one of her prize possessions.

From another of my favourite Clarke poems -

'But when we went walking tentacle in hand
You could sense that the earthlings would not understand
They'd go nudge nudge when we got on the bus
Saying "It's extra-terrestial, not like us;
And it's bad enough with another race,
But fuck me... a monster! from outer space?"'

Truly a man of his times. Off topic - sorry - yours - I.

Well stolen K. Keeping the tone up here. Very good.

I had the pleasure of seeing JCC and John Hegley years ago on the same bill at the CCA in Glasgow. Clarke - fell asleep on the train - from Manchester, presumably - to Glasgow - and was at least two hours late for the gig - as he woke up in Edinburgh and had to get a connection back. Hegley filled in well. When Clarke finally shambled onto stage - a total wreck - I'm not sure he knew where he was exactly - carrying a plastic shopping bag full of notebooks - which he spilled onto the stage and then seemed to pick up at random to recite from. He did 'Beasley Street,' among others - I had heard it many times on audio recording but it was even more gripping in real life. It needs his, on that occasion - frankly, out of it - accent to make it really work. Genius. Hegley was superb too but in a different way. He wrote an impromptu poem for my wife inside the cover of his book that I bought from him. It's one of her prize possessions.

From another of my favourite Clarke poems -

'But when we went walking tentacle in hand
You could sense that the earthlings would not understand
They'd go nudge nudge when we got on the bus
Saying "It's extra-terrestial, not like us;
And it's bad enough with another race,
But fuck me... a monster! from outer space?"'

Truly a man of his times. Off topic - sorry - yours - I.
John Cooper Clarke, is a genius.. My first love of his poetic genius was first heard on the John peel show of which I was a avid listener, another great hero of mine, as without him and his breaking the rules, open minded attitude towards a multitude of different bands and artists, giving them airplay and a chance, which without him, John Cooper Clarke and lots of wonderful bands and artists today, would never be known. I had the pleasure of seeing jcc in the 80's at various festivals,superb,.
"what you see, is what you get, you only live twice, a friend in need, is a friend in debt, I don't wanna be nice.:cool:

John Cooper Clarke, is a genius.. My first love of his poetic genius was first heard on the John peel show of which I was a avid listener, another great hero of mine, as without him and his breaking the rules, open minded attitude towards a multitude of different bands and artists, giving them airplay and a chance, which without him, John Cooper Clarke and lots of wonderful bands and artists today, would never be known. I had the pleasure of seeing jcc in the 80's at various festivals,superb,.
"what you see, is what you get, you only live twice, a friend in need, is a friend in debt, I don't wanna be nice.:cool:

Adopts Peel accent - 'and now this from 'Half-man Half-biscuit...' - Hegley was never as edgy as Clarke - but I like his work a lot too - it helps to have heard him read it live - the accent is important to the rhyme scheme -

'I need you like a bully needs to boast.
I need you like a ocean needs coast.
I need you like a doggy needs a lamppost.
I need you like a copper needs a crook.
I need you like a cranny needs a nook.
I need you like a lookalike needs somebody to look like.
I need you like a zoo needs a giraffe.
I need you like a psycho needs a path.
I need you like King Arthur needed a table, that was more than just a table for one.

I need you like a novel needs a plot
I need you like the greedy need a lot.
I need you like a hovel needs a certain level of grottiness to qualify.
Like acne needs spottiness.
I need you, oh yes I do.

Like a calendar needs a week.
Like a colander needs a leek.
Like humans need to seek out what life on Mars is.
Like hospitals need vases.

I need you like a kiwi needs a fruit.
I need you like a wee-wee needs a root.
Out of the body.
I need you like Noddy needed small ears.
Just for the contrast.
I need you like bone needs marrow.
I need you like straight needs narrow.
I need you like the broadest bean needs something else on the plate before it can participate, in what you might describe as a decent meal.

I need you like a cappuccino needs froth.
I need you like a candle needs a moth.
If it's gonna burn it's wings off.'

Yours - I. I'll get back on topic tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom