SOTD : Saturday 16th May - Friday 22th May 2020

Monday 18th May

Soap - Noble Otter Monarch
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - RazoRock Game Changer
Blade - RapIra (1)
Post - L'oreal Birch Sap Balm
EdP - Tom Ford Neroli Portafino

Same set up as yesterday's Birthday Shave, (which seemed to have gone un-noticed on the forums), ((not that I relish birthdays with a '0' at the end !!)), except the blade - a fresh RapIra, that suits the Game Changer well, and provided a very smooth shave.

The Neroli Portafino was a birthday present from my wife.
I have the Mr Perfume oil of this scent, which my wife described as smelling like a household cleaner (I don't agree, and I think it's quite a good copy, but a fair bit stronger in scent strength)

Belated Happy Birthday :)

Tuesday AM 2020-05-19

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
AoS Sandalwood SS (tallow)
Gillette New LC/Stork Advoco Ti
Wilkinson Chromium 'Light Brigade' (1)
Floris Santal aftershave
6lo9JVU.jpg

The theme you are getting is 'That it?'

IMG_20200519_212517.jpg

There were some other bits but............. let's have some Japanese girlie's instead and this time it is some of those Otoboke Beavers in a different guise. Enjoy........ And of course happy shaves, be safe everyone, stay well and the same for all your family and friends.

Oh and by the way.... damn brilliant shave with the Dandelion brush and Bayolea splash as the supporting act

Fresh, soothing green.

Brush: DG Jefferson Fae B9B
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Jr.
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Lather: DG/CL TSM Fougere (Bison)
Post Shave: CL TSM Fougere Salve

uzsnvJql.jpg

Really enjoy this soap set - the soap is very slick and the salve works well for my skin. Second use of the AJ and it feels excellent with the right amount of blade feel and smoothness.

3 pass was not an issue at all. I think the Platinum blade works better for me than the Polsiver blade I have in the Tech I used in my last shave. Might be worthwhile to try more blades with the Tech and the AJ to find a combo that works for me. Also still getting used to these two razors so there's a bit of a learning curve.

Date:- 20 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Admiral
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Book 7 of 21.
325717.jpg

Back
Top Bottom