SOTD : Saturday 17th March - Friday 23rd March 2018.

Thursday 22nd March
RazoRock Plissoft
Tabac
Gillette Flair Tip Rocket
Gillette Nacet #3
Alum Wash
Tabac A/S
Astral Moisturiser
Ujs9iB8.jpg

Belated post for my final run of DE shaves.

27098039388_fab086b211.jpg

3P ~ Plisson Synthétique ~ Timor 6/8"
No, its not Nuavia... Shavedash Jim came through and sorted me out with 2 empty jars in the end :cool:

First shave using Italian 3P soft almond barbershop soap, I got it to compare with Vitos (the only other product of this type I've used.) I'm blown away by the performance, probably one of the finest quality lathers I've ever achieved and with little to no effort on my part... Thick, creamy & voluminous, extremely slick with loads of residual slickness, seemingly very good post shave as no aftershave required other than a splash of cold water. Oh, its also got the best almond scent I've smelt yet in a soap, certainly stronger than Vitos but not too strong or sickeningly sweet.

Surprised me as its a simple veg formula (no tallow) so perhaps tallow isn't the mystical all important ingredient its often cracked up to be?

v1NWYYlJ_o.jpg

Maseto Memphis
Schick L1 Injector
Personna Injector Blade (2)
Dusy Klar Kabinett
Thayers Rose & Geo F Trumper Coral Skin Food

A lovely rose scented shave to end the week, first use of this injector and I do quite like it. A good shave but I find I need more practice with injectors to dial it in a bit. Not as smooth all over as with my DE shaves, but I have hundreds of DE shaves under my belt compared to about 50 SE shaves since 2013.

I really enjoy this soap, easy to see why it is so highly thought of. A lovely rose scent and it has been a while since I used the Skin Food, very rich rose scent on that as well.

SOTD 230318
SOTD 230318 resize 4.jpg

Blade: Schcik Proline #1
Razor: General Polished SS (On Loan James)
Brush: Bogwood & Resin Custom 26mm TGN High Mountain White (On Loan James)
Soap: Martin De Candre
EDT: Grey Flannel

Due to the outstanding generosity of @Acer89 I have just had a wonderful shave.
Thank you very much James, it is truly appreciated.

The polished General left me with a 4 pass BBS mirror finish.
Yes 4 passes because I could not resist and stop using this magnificent brush. Sublimely cloud soft tips with amazing flow through.
Painting my face was an absolute pleasure. There is a surprising amount of backbone. These TGN HMW are incredible.

The soap is amongst the best I have tried, a super thick creamy lather with great slickness and post shave feel.

Finished with the Witch Hazel and a generous helping of Grey Flannel. Great stuff.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Friday AM 2018-03-23

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle (Hamada & Purple)
Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Floris Elite shaving soap (tallow)/Elite shaving cream (vintage)
RazoRock Mamba/UFO Titan Fine
Personna 74 Tungsten (9)
Floris Elite aftershave (vintage)

I've decided that using the soap and cream together to make a superlather is overkill. Each is excellent by itself, so I am going to alternate them instead.
Khm1xWX.jpg

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Maseto 24mm
Soap: CRSW Bergamot & Bay
Razor: Cobra
Blade: Schick Proline P
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Bart's Balms Bergamot & Vanilla ASB
IMG_20180323_164011.jpg
Thanks must go out to @Barry Giddens for gifting me this wonderful soap, cheers Barry :)
It's my first use of a Cold River soap and I'm impressed.
Lovely performance and the scent is my cup of tea with a slice of cake on the side.
Finished off with more Bergamot and creamy Vanilla, thanks to the wonderful @BartsBalm
Shave of the week!
Happy Shaving one and all.

Friday 23rd March 2018
SOTD 23rd Mar 2018.jpg
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Bulldog face wash and Noxzema Shave Cream
Razor: ? I think this is Wilkinson Sword Classic clone.
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - England (#4)
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Soap: Musgo Real Oak Moss Cream
Bowl: Korium
AS: Bulldog balm

Today's razor is what I think might be a clone of a Wilkinson Sword Classic, it could be a Wilkinson but I have nothing to compare it to. Pictures I have seen on the Internet show the Wilkinson logo on the top cap, this has no logo. I only got it as I bought it of ebay just for the razor pouch it came with. How does it shave? Well it is very mild, and after 3 passes it felt like a 4th was in order but I could not be bothered. I shaved this morning and this evening it feels like there is more 5 o'clock shadow than usual.

Friday 23rd March

Olive oil Soap
Vitos Preshave cream
Erasmic Soap
Zenith Euro Al Boar Brush
Feather AC SS Japanese Style razor with a Feather SuperPro Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Brut Passion EDT

A bit of a mixed bag today. Not a shave I would wish to repeat! The end result was pretty good rather surprisingly.
On my 3rd pass my little dog burst into the bathroom demanding some TLC. What ensued was an absolute blood bath. When I emptied the sink......the fluid resembled a strawberry smoothie:( It took almost an hour to stop the bleeding.

I learned something today.......ALWAYS close the bathroom door.

Friday evening

OSP Neroli
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS Kamisori
Feather Professional
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
4711 EdC

All good tonight. Not a massive amount of whiskers after last night's Gem MMOC; but the AC polished them off. I've really enjoyed working up to a reasonable skill level with this razor. It's possibly the nearest I'll get to a straight; as I don't have the facilities for stropping, etc.

I should give a shout out to Paul @Blademonkey who, many months back, encouraged (enabled :)) me to try this razor; and also for the same encouragement in opting for the Professional blades, after the Proguards. I thank you, Paul!

Continuing with tallow versus non-tallow, I find the former just has the edge (as it were) performance-wise with the AC. The only disappointing shave I had recently was using the AC with Proraso Green soap. But, it may have been poor technique; as the soap performs well with other razors. Plus, the AC does well with other non-tallow soaps like Wickham's 1912, SMNV, Valobra Menthol and so on. Pair it with OSP, P&B and Tabac, though, and it shines!!
C9AC9349-77F4-43AC-965F-4A1939CCBA02.jpeg

Friday evening

OSP Neroli
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS Kamisori
Feather Professional
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
4711 EdC

All good tonight. Not a massive amount of whiskers after last night's Gem MMOC; but the AC polished them off. I've really enjoyed working up to a reasonable skill level with this razor. It's possibly the nearest I'll get to a straight; as I don't have the facilities for stropping, etc.

I should give a shout out to Paul @Blademonkey who, many months back, encouraged (enabled :)) me to try this razor; and also for the same encouragement in opting for the Professional blades, after the Proguards. I thank you, Paul!

Continuing with tallow versus non-tallow, I find the former just has the edge (as it were) performance-wise with the AC. The only disappointing shave I had recently was using the AC with Proraso Green soap. But, it may have been poor technique; as the soap performs well with other razors. Plus, the AC does well with other non-tallow soaps like Wickham's 1912, SMNV, Valobra Menthol and so on. Pair it with OSP, P&B and Tabac, though, and it shines!!
View attachment 34247
You are more than welcome, mine is out on loan at the moment in the hope that I may enable someone else :) but still enjoy the Feather SS with a pro blade, a lovely bit of kit. P.

YaqI 24mmTuxedo Marble Handle
Vitos Red Extra Super
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Astra SP (1)
Lime witch hazel
Proraso Green ASL
Montblanc Legend EdT

Regrowth from yesterday's shave with an Astra SS blade was a bit patchy. A fresh SP blade loaded tonight and the difference in performance was like night and day.
Vitos soap is easily coaxed in to releasing excellent lather every time.
This Tuxedo brush feels like silk while face latherIng, very luxurious and pampering.
Proraso Green has, as always, toned and nourished and my skin feels supple and super hydrated.
Legend EdT to finish and I smell fresh and fragrant once more.

Some Jimmy Cliff to start the first official Spring weekend of 2018 . . . .

YaqI 24mmTuxedo Marble Handle
Vitos Red Extra Super
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Astra SP (1)
Lime witch hazel
Proraso Green ASL
Montblanc Legend EdT

Regrowth from yesterday's shave with an Astra SS blade was a bit patchy. A fresh SP blade loaded tonight and the difference in performance was like night and day.
Vitos soap is easily coaxed in to releasing excellent lather every time.
This Tuxedo brush feels like silk while face latherIng, very luxurious and pampering.
Proraso Green has, as always, toned and nourished and my skin feels supple and super hydrated.
Legend EdT to finish and I smell fresh and fragrant once more.

Some Jimmy Cliff to start the first official Spring weekend of 2018 . . . .

Great choice of music, you've got to love Jimmy Cliff :) P.

Back
Top Bottom