SOTD : Saturday 18th April to Friday 24th April 2020

Sunday 19th April
Mervyn Cadmam Custom - James Riley's (OSP) Test Soap No8 - Gem Junior LC - Gem SSC #1 - James Riley's No8 A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
zwpRPWZ.jpg

Birthday shave required something a bit special.
Be well everyone.
Happy birthday Arthur!..Have a wonderful day mate. :)

Sunday, 19 March 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: Floris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: My new Merkur Futur on 2
Blade Astra sp (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

Another brilliant shave the new toy, though dialed a little bit down to 2. Frankly I spent all yesterday in amazement about how good the shave was. I had a very smooth face until I went to bed, hence the dialing it down this morning. Again a three-pass, BBS smooth shave. I really like the Futur, even my usually cynical wife has noticed the smooth face.

In any event, have a good week folks (or at least as good as possible, given the circumstances). But more important: stay healthy.

Saturday‌ ‌04.18.20‌ ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0015 - Edited (1).jpg Search

Gillette late ‘20s Old Type Pocket Edition
NOS Gillette Thin Blade ‌(1)‌
Simpsons‌ ‌Commodore‌ ‌X3‌ ‌Best‌ ‌Badger‌
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Shaving Soap
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Aftershave Splash

DSCF0016 - Edited.jpg

Sunday‌ ‌04.19.20‌ ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0024 - Edited.jpg

Gillette ‘65 K4 Slim Adjustable
Astra‌ ‌Superior‌ ‌Platinum‌ ‌(1)‌
Yaqi‌ ‌Ruby‌ ‌Handle‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌ ‌
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌Italian‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌After‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Splash‌

DSCF0022 - Edited.jpg

Sun 19th April

RazoRock 400 S.Edition Plissoft noir.
Vitos Super Red
Occams Enoch
Feather Pro [ 1 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

In my early days with this Razor, I managed to get the blade loaded incorrectly and misaligned after rinsing, so have had some poor Shaves. Coupled with my difficulty in getting the Shave angle right, it has taken me some time to get to grips with the Enoch. I have now had much better Shaves with it using a guarded blade, though Shave time seems rather on the long side.Today I decided to try out the Feather Pro, a good move as Shavetime greatly reduced as the combo was smooth and efficient and resulted in a rather Close All Round finish even around the neck.

My first use of the Brush, which is not at all floppy and worked very well with the Vitos and is Super Soft on the face, earlier RazoRocks are a bit scratchy in comparison.

IMG_0690.jpg

Back
Top Bottom