SOTD : Saturday 18th April to Friday 24th April 2020

My first ever SOTD.

IMG_20200420_160853.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel for about 20 seconds.

Brush: TOBS Badger (from the Jermyn Street starter set).

Soap/Cream: Prorasso White.

Razor/Blade: Razorock German 37 Slant.
Gillette Nacet.

Post/After-shave: Truefitt and Hill Sandalwood tester pack.

First time of using a slant razor.
Didn't shave my face off, so a big plus there.
Don't normally use aftershave or anything unless I'm going out (I'm an introvert so that's rare even without all this loco down stuff!) but thought I'd give the last from the pack a go (I got 3 goes from one trial pack, pote tislly could get 4 - my face is quite small!).

Monday AM 2020-04-20

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Defender for a trial run
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)

The Defender worked well. I had to struggle a bit to get used to it, but then I was able to get a very good shave in 3 passes. I'll take it on air trips when I am not going to check my luggage.
LbUeEQM.jpg

A7AED0F0-D862-4761-89BF-09AD6C1C11E5.jpeg
SOTD Monday, April 20, 2020

Had a great shave with my Karve fitted with the new wide body cap. It's definitely going back into the regular modern rotation. I decided since I always get a great shave from the Karve, that I would break out the new RazoRock SS Hawk V3 fitted with a Feather Super blade. I used to own five AC razors, and now am down to three keepers. The two I sold are the ATT SE1 and Classic Shaving's Oren. My problem with the SE1 was its weight and handling. It just never felt balanced and was lighter than all of my three remaining SEs. The Oren was just too bulky and unwieldy. I sold both! The three remaining all fit my weight and balance criterion. The Blackland Vector and Colonial General V2 are both a joy to shave with. They both possess the desired weight and heft and work beautifully with a Feather Super, my AC blade of choice.

The New SS Hawk V3 has a slimmer head than the version 2. It feels great in hand and delivers every bit as good a shave as my two other AC razors. It certainly delivered the goods this morning. The Proraso Cooling Cream whipped up beautifully into the thick, protective lather I like thanks to my Viking Silvertip Badger brush. As expected, that first WTG pass eliminated all stubble right down to the skin line. The second ATG pass smoothed away my remaining rough areas on face and noggin, and left me with a lovely, bloodless BBS. A quick cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH, Aqua Velva AS Splash and Lisa's Naturals Tobacco and Bay Balm left me clean, smooth, cool and refreshed.

RAZOR: RazoRock 316L SS Hawk V3
BLADE: Feather Super AC
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: Proraso Green
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Aqua Velva (Spanish Version). Finished with Lisa's Naturals Tobacco and Bay Balm

image.jpeg

Monday 20th April

Pre - Bloom Water
Razor - Velvet Open Comb
Blade - Voskhod (3)
Brush - Semogue OC Taj Boar
Soap - MWF
Post - Alum followed by Homemade Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil
A/S - Jovan Musk
Balm - Nivea Sensitive

Take care everyone

Well I decided to bring out an old Velvet open comb vintage razor I picked up in a local antiques shop a couple of years ago. It said on the ticket it dated from 1918, it's old but I don't think it's that old. It's an aggressive little razor, in stark contrast to my daily driver, the Feather ASD2. Decided to just use the Mitchells bloom water as a pre shave in the end. 3 small weepers and a very close shave indeed judging by the alum sting but no irritation to speak of. I did find it easier to manoeuvre under my nose than the Feather although will be glad to go back to my trusty favourite tomorrow.

SOTD 20 April 2020

Pre-shave: Warm shower and Kiehl's face fuel, followed by Musgo Pre-shave Oil.
Cream: Geo F Trumper Almond Shaving Cream.
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fiber.
Bowl: Giles Shaving Co - Spotty Pedestal.
Razor: Blackland Sabre - ver 2.
Blade: GEM PTFE (Day 1).
Post: Cold water splash, Musgo Real Aftershave, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gell.
EDC: Geo F Trumper - Paisley.

20-Apr-2020.jpg
On the spur of the moment I had a hankering to shave with a GEM blade, don't know why, perhaps it was the passage of time.

Loaded up the Sabre - a wonderful razor - then lathered up the Trumper's Sweet Almond Cream - a recent purchase, picked up from a local pharmacy - great skin protectiion and glide.

I had 2 - 3 days stubble - after the first pass (WTG) it felt as if other than small patches, it was all gone - DFS+. I was in two minds - did I need another pass? Went for a second pass (XTG), making sure I was well lathered up - no issues to report; a very enjoyable 2 pass shave.

The shaving gods aligned tonight - the 3 stars of the shave: the Trumper's cream, the Sabre and the GEM.

I hope that everyone is healthy, safe and sane.

With best wishes to all,

Chris

Mon 20th SOTD
Soap Proraso Green
Bowl Green Nubs
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor QShave Adjustable
Blade Astra SP 5th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers mix
Proraso Green Splash
Great lather always with Proraso especially with this nubs bowl!
Shave was good too with razor and blade pairing but overly aggressive passes on the neck results in weepers and creepers. 3pass only WTG@setting6, XTG@setting5 andATG@setting4. Good post and aftershave. The price of chasing a BBS results in a rating of only 8/10
20200420_101746.jpg
20200420_104639.jpg

Date:- 21 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Roam Limited Edition
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Feather Hi-Stainless #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

SOTD : 21st April 2020.

tues.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush : Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Face Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Frankensoap: Palmolive Classic Shave Stick + Dettol Original anti-bacterial bar soap.

Blade: Polsilver ~ Super Iridium. (3)

Razor: Weishi 2.0 Adjustable (settings) 5. wtg, 6. xtg , 7. atg + Pickups.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version)

The Real Shaving Co ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Maiden shave with the third and final frankensoap recipe that i concocted together over the weekend.

The verdict?...Another success. The palmolive shave stick & dettol original anti -bacterial bar soap blended together wonderfully creating a good slick protective lather for the shave without dissapating on my face, keeping stabilised through out the shave leaving a good post shave feel without making my skin feeling dry ,leaving it smooth and hydrated.

The citrusy fragrance from the dettol a.b soap is wonderful. My new frankensoap concoctions will last me for a good while before i need to create anymore.

The Weishi 2.0 Adj paired together wonderfully with the polisiver making a smooth efficient duo.The weishi is a well made razor for it's very reasonable price tag.

Another very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with some generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe and enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom