SOTD : Saturday 19th June to Friday 25th June 2021.

Saturday 19th June

Soap • Cella Bio
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3-A
Blade • Proshave S (3)
Post • Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla

I'm not sure I rate the Proshave S blade
First use was good - plenty sharp and smooth
Second shave was smooth, but not very sharp
Third use, it felt dull but it still cut, but lots of touch ups required, and not rough feeling
I'll use it next in my Yaqi Excalibur, which I rate as a bit more efficient than the Hawk to see if it livens the blade up a bit
Despite all the buffing and touch ups, only minimal tingle from the Clubman Aftershave which contains a fair amount of alcohol

Sun 20 SOTD
Soap Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Very nice quality from the soap. Pleasant scent and excellent creamy and slick lather...so good!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs/dfs result. Aftershaves were excellent.
20210620_084723.jpg

SOTD : 20th June 2021.

118.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Face Lather.
Lather : Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Chinese Gillette London Bridge. (D2)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Williams Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version) Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Sunday summer solstice eve shave.

I haven't added the Williams Mug Soap to my soap rotation for a while, and forgot how much of a slick lather this old school classic creates....I have mentioned before i totally understand why some people have love/hate opinions on Williams it does take a while a little more effort and time to create a good lather but once you get passed the airy/bubbly stage your rewarded with a wonderful slick protective lather...However, like most budget love/hate shaving soaps it doesn't get top marks for it's scent which to my nose is a 'clean scent 'with no 'bells or whistles' but makes up multitude for it's slickness protection and post shave feeling which is the main issue in any soap or shaving cream IMHO.

The scent of a soap isn't a important issue for me slickness protection, and post shave feel is ok. Besides i find once i have had a cold water rinse the scent of a soap or cream is virtually gone as always YMMV.

The Chinese Gillette London Bridge blade continued to give another acceptable performance slicing through my stubble with effortless ease.

An enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups comfortable silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Father’s Day SOTD

aAggs3k.jpg

Gillette '40s Brit Thin Handle Flat Bottom Tech
NOS Wlkinson Sword made in England
Heritage Ever-Ready 26mm Maggard SHD Fan
Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver in a vintage mug
Pitralon Classic Aftershave in an antique perfume decanter

20/06/21
Pre: Haircut, Shower, Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: OSP Old Gold
Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (9)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Vetiver & Clary Sage infused Argan Oil Balm
Aftershave: JPG Le Male'
Wk 25 (7).JPG
Up early this morning so decided to cut my hair while it was quiet, getting better at this self styling malarkey.
Into the shower then a cold water face wash for my prep.
The OSP Spirits is right up my street with a bit Tonka Bean and Vanilla to the fore this morning, face lathered with the brush holding plenty for the shave.
A traditional 3 passes leaving my skin really comfortable with a BBS finish, i can understand why some find the L1 too mild, for me it works with a little concentration to keep it in the "Sweet zone".
A nice post shave finishing with a rub of Le Male, well it is Sunday.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Sunday 20th June

Oumo 26mm SHD Silvertip - Martin de Candre Vétyver - Supply V1/Personna - Lalique Encre Noire

I had a nice citrusy shave set up for today..but changed my mind due to the overcast sky, wind and rain. It doesn't look like summer in the Brecon Beacons!
Face lathering with MdC has been a bit hit and miss for me as I sometimes have had issues with correct loading of the brush. Today I decided to lather in a bowl...and what a difference!
A lovely Sunday shave was delivered in 3 passes.

With a rough week of work ahead of me ....it will be Sunday lunch and a good movie this afternoon!

Back
Top Bottom