SOTD : Saturday 19th March - Friday 25th March 2022.

Sotd 19/03
Pre shave: Paa cube
Soap: PAA wow signal 2020 ck6
Spalsh: PAA wow signal 2020
Balm: PAA wow signal 2020 star jelly
Alum bloc
Bowl: wet the face
Brush: alpha outlaw
Razor: Gillette Adjustable
Blade: Durex Don Jaun

Went for a 3 pass shave this morning and decided to use the fatboy again this time I paired it with a vintage Durex blade from the 50s I think was a really smooth shave and worked really well probably the smoothest blade i have ever used

Also the soap performed as expected really well nice dense lather scent wise iam not sure but I liked it the wife said it was manly and kinda musky but in a good way great way to start a Saturday
1st pass setting 7
2nd pass setting 7
3rd pass setting 6
20220319_091344.jpg20220319_091356.jpg20220319_091412.jpg20220319_091515.jpg20220319_091608.jpg20220319_091830.jpg20220319_091847.jpg20220319_092131.jpg20220319_092217.jpg

SOTD, Saturday 19 March 2022

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Wright's cold tar soap, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Signature Soaps - Vectis Hybrid Shaving Soap Grapefruit, Frankincense and Lavender Essential Oils.
Brush: Blackland (Signature).
Razor: Blackland Era-OC (level 3).
Blade: Astra Green (Day 1).
Post: Cold water splash, Myrsol Lemon, followed by Banana Boat AloeVera Gel.
EDC: Czech & Speake Cuba.

Today was the first run out with the Era OC - went for Astra Green as a safe blade, not knowing what to expect. A beautiful, smooth shave - 2 passes WTG and XTC, DFS+/BBS- with no issues to report.

The Era OC felt very, very good - smooth, effective, no irritation.

Skin feels fab after the shave - enjoyed the post shave routine. The Czech & Speake Cuba is a devine scent, long may it linger.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Chris

Afternoon all,

So been away for work and had a little more facial debris to take care of.

Prep, flannel and hot water
Brush, Simpsons Wee Scot (I was taken aback at how Wee!)
Razor, Blackland Blackbird
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (1st use)
Soap / Cream, Simpsons Lime
ASB, Simpsons Lime

Well, what can I say. Good / Great things come in small packages. The brush lathered the cream extremely well and provided a great surface to work on. The scent was a very pleasant lime, admittedly I do like lime. But it’s nice!

The Blackbird as expected made very short work of the more than usual facial debris. And the cream was excellent. Very happy with the end results, no nicks / cuts / weepers. Zero irritation.

The balm was very nice as well. A lovely scent, absorbed nicely.

I also picked up the Sandalwood versions so will give that a go next time.

Have a good afternoon all.

Best,

Ben

Saturday AM 2022-03-19
National Aardvark Day
ofcqg83.jpg

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (10)
Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo aftershave
oyymU4u.jpg

gbPb5nh.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Phoemix & Beau Achilles Last Stand
Razor: Above The Tie S1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Aussie Spoiler (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Phoemix & Beau Achilles Last Stand Lotion
Scent: D.R. Harris Traditional Cologne

A relaxing and very close shave. P&B absolutely nailed the scent with Achilles Last Stand.

Razor = The Filiment by PAA
Blade = Gillette 7 o’clock Perma sharp ( 2 )
Brush = Rooney Heritage
Soap = Catie’s Bubbles Eau De The with matching cologne
Balm = Nivea Daily Moisturiser
561C623F-80F2-433B-BA36-AFA1B7C95CB2.jpeg
Great 3 pass shave tonight,
after returning from Norway last night.
The brush was a BST buy and a good one at that.
Quite a small brush,
It’s probably a 22mm but it could actually be a bit smaller yet performed wonderfully.
This is my third Catie’s Bubbles & i’ll be honest and say the dury’s out.
It’s not a bad soap but any means but there’s better & cheaper.
Also the blade i could take it or leave it not the best but there you go we’ve got to use what we have
Anyway cracking shave
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads

Saturday 19th March

AM-JKLVdMywKQrQqmgI495k9ZZL8oMl14U25QOxcXGB4sGOY_5Qfq0Dt0MW6AIg1DaXi0DKcFNOC96gN-2v_nY9t_-zFKw5GDPunmHM6zPpA4kigi0fxpGXZeQLXhD6gTFwb99ve52HzDgHULWr2-un43msGEg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Shaving Bowl
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Yaqi SE DLC & Treet Durasharp (Blue)
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Aftershave

AM-JKLXsURkXJQAJ7UgrYfBtJw9OoUVv1fgtSiJ52k7W08sFg4F4gSjjXahCFfJVQ-kmiwKDrgV3F8xvrF7SpERLMmSFhFuQUd5RrGZ84-F_GP69oLEd22EZcUd4zkMLKrb5A1VBAV_hX2vUgth-X4o71vu40Q=w300

These blue Dursasharps are a bit of a mystery ...

Certainly an older (or possibly just an alternate) incarnation of this blade with gorgeous antique stylings actually states that it is "stainless" and has some reference to Silver Edge, possibly itself simply ending up as the Trig (Silver Edge); this blade was sold as a stainless by RBC, yet I also read that this very blade is carbon - it looks like a carbon blade (yellow hue) and feels like a carbon. Unlike the Durasharp (yellow), it does not say "carbon" on the packaging, nor does it say "stainless".

What an enigma!

I used this, having made my mind up that it would most likely be the same as the Durasharp (yellow). I do believe it is a carbon blade, although I don't see the yellowy hue that some folks have commented but it does feel like a carbon blade, to me. Or, perhaps a stainless blade that feels like carbon ... in the way that, say, the Shark Super Stainless or the Vidyut/SuperMax Stainless (in the burgundy packaging) does? Nah! It is carbon. I am sure of that.

But puzzling me further is that having now just run through pretty much the whole Treet line-up, I'm struggling to place this blade as similar to any other carbon blade. It is most like the King, which is absolutely a stainless blade; one which I commented felt like a refined Shark Super Stainless, and this blade feels very much like that, too, but carbon ... definitely carbon? Oh, and it's marked A/B on either side of the blade, rather than 1/2/3/4 as per the Durasharp (yellow). Maybe that's just an age thing.

Definitely an enigma!

Hang on a minute, though ...

Reciting muself from above, this is a carbon blade that feels like a stainless blade that itself feels like a carbon blade and its closest equivalent in the Treet line-up is the definitely stainless Treet King. I previously commented that the (new) Treet Silver is a carbon blade that feels more like a stainless.

Maybe this blue Durasharp and the Silver are related? Perhaps the Silver is the reincarnation of this blade, while the (older?) blue/stainless Durasharp in the antique packaging became the Trig Silver Edge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom