SOTD Saturday 19th Sept to Friday 25th Sept 2015

Sat 19th Sept 2015
Omega 11137
La Toja Sensitive Cream
Gem OCMM
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Alum rub/Rinse Off
Floid Vigoroso A/S

Actually,found that this shave was not as smooth as that achieved yesterday with an ER 1924. With a light touch a first class finish can be achieved, even against the grain.

P1090001.jpg

Greetings

Saturday 19th September 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop Runner Guard Model
Blade: Feather SE Stainless
Brush: Semogue Mistura
Soap: Tabac Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Aramis Calligraphy Rose

Regards
Dick.

DSC06249.JPG

Barrister & Mann 'Clary Sage/Heather' soap
Wolfwhiskers DDW3 Ubersoft2 brush
Valet VC4 'Runner Guard'
Feather SE (2)
Fine 'Platinum' AS

New custom brush from Peter in Abyss coloured handle with great shape and synthetic knot which is soft but has backbone.

Didn't really NEED a shave, but had to try out my new goodies!
Proraso white
Omega 49
Schick Adjustable injector
Schick NOS Twin blade
Proraso Green AS

Wow! These twin blades are simply superb! After a false start - first blade was a complete and utter dud - new blade in and I've got the smoothest & closest shave to date. Only a little sting from the AS; I expected more as I went ATG and usually don't bother.
I hope they last a for a good few shaves....

SOTD - Saturday "International Talk Like a Pirate Day"
Pre: Hot towels & RazoRock menthol/lime soap
Cream: Sheri's Soap Opera "Old Spice"
Brush: California Redwood burl w/ 30mm Shavemac 2-band silvertip
Razor 1: Pre-1890 Frederick Reynolds Sheffield wedge razor with blond horn scales
Razor 2: Weber DLC, Jurgen Hemple Ti-Wave handle
Blade: Feather (3)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by HTGAM "cOld Spice"
This HTGAM ASL is the only thing I have with a pirate logo, so I grabbed it and started practicing my "Arrrgggghhh's".
The Sheri's cream was a sample by a buddy and is a very stiff/dry 'cream' like the J.Peterman, I dug out an almond-sized blob and put it in the lather bowl and hit it with the 30mm shavemac.
The resulting lather was very thin/watery, so I dug out another almond-sized blob and lathered some more. Better.
Kept digging out even more product and kept lathering until eventually the bowl was overflowing with thick lather. Guess I underestimated how much water this brush holds. ;)
Fantastic relaxing afternoon shave. WTG pass with big Fred, ATG pass with the Weber. Easy DFS.

IMG_1757_Fotor.jpg

Oh, guys! This was good ...

Bulldog Face Wash
Meißner Tremonia Strong & Scottish Shaving Paste
Edwin Jagger Black Fibre in Tortoise Shell
Gem Damaskeene Deluxe (Open Comb) & Gem Damaskeene (5)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Meißner Tremonia Strong & Scottish Aftershave

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & ATG

Well, the razor gives the instruction: USE ONLY WITH GEM DAMASKEENE BLADES

There are a few of us who have these razors, a few of us who have shaved with them, but I bet there are only a handful who have shaved with them and heeded that instruction. Over the last few shaves, I have been privileged to have shaved with a vintage Gem Damaskeene blade which I guess is about 100 years old, but was keen out of the packet and became proper sharp once stropped.

I'm on the fifth shave with it now and it has mellowed. It has mellowed into a seriously smooth shave, smoother than a cat who's been to Smooth School! Seriously, this shave was smooth. Those of us who have shaved with an open comb Damaskeene will know that these are mild, or so we thought using our modern GEM blades. But, heed that instruction and drop a genuine Gem Damaskeene blade in and that razor becomes smooth, not mild.

Two passes, one with the grain and one against. Absolutely perfect!

I tell you what ... it was made more perfect with the Meißner Tremonia soap. My, oh my! That is a great soap. My lovely tortoise shell black fibre brush, wetted and just danced around over the surface of the soap lathered up a thick and beautiful dense foam for this shave. Two passes could happily have been five with this soap, just because. But, two passes were all it needed - one down, one up. In many respects, very much like a classic Durham Duplex shave.

I set a new personal high with respect to that "best shave yet" with the first shave with this blade in a Gem Damaskeene razor. I have, again, surpassed that ...

Best shave yet!

For September 19th
Razor - Schick G
Brush - Modified Made Rite w/21 mm Mystery Badger Knot
Blade - 1960s Vintage Personna Vydax Coated Stainless
Soap - Figaro Sapone Da Barba

21358650648_fbbbd9f197_c.jpg

For September 20th
Razor - Schick F
Brush - Ever Ready C40 w/TGN 3 Band Synthetic 24/53 mm Brush
Blade - 1960s Vintage Personna Vydax Coated Stainless
Soap - Figaro Sapone Da Barba