SOTD : Saturday 1st January-Friday 7th January 2022.

59405CC1-5447-4E6D-857E-5BC5C114C141.jpeg

SOTD: 05/01/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 11th use
Brush: Akkawoodnresin Handle And Dscosmetic Bodger Knot
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Menrock Black Pomegranate Cream
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

The Hawk continues to excel, on the 11th use of the Feather pro. I could probably easily get another couple of shaves out of the blade but it’s definitely not quite as efficient as it once was, however 11 uses seems excellent to me!
The cream was excellent and Bodger knot is slowly softening. A throughly enjoyable shave.
Enjoy the rest of the day!

adjQvTE.jpg

Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass/ Polsilver
100-year-old handle 20mm Gray Tuxedo Synth
Noble Otter Neon Sun Limited Edition & Aftershave

2 days back at work, I've not done less than 16 hours each one, been completely swamped catching up because I've had 2 weeks off!

Early shaves each day.

Tuesday - Z3 super speed, I believe the blade is from the 1980s, Gillette super silver, very smooth and feeling great after 2 passes. Super! Fine American blend smelling nice.

Wednesday - Same razor and blade, Apogee soap and splash. Same result after 2 passes.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be good, using some of my new acquisitions and spending less time working!

Attachments

• IMG_20220105_090953__01.jpg
    IMG_20220105_090953__01.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220104_000450__01.jpg
    IMG_20220104_000450__01.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 3
Razor = Benny’s Of London
Blade = Sharp 7am Super Platinum
Brush = Shavemac 24mm 3 Band Badger
Soap = Black Ships Wassail
Splash = Myrsol Don Miguel
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy
59425285-FCD2-4EDC-895B-FB8E3CB7552C.jpegWell what a weird shave this was.
In all the shaves iv ever had iv never had one like this.
Firstly i went with the Benny’s Razor i believe it’s basically a clone of the DE 89.
iv used it once before a few months back and to be fair it shaved well.
Without research i can’t remember the blade i used at that time.
This time iv went with these Sharp Super Stainless 7am from Bangladesh.
One pass in & a quick splash of the face and i’m thinking have i actually taken any hair off,
No i don’t think i have but surely i must have ah.
Second pass atg and i’m hearing nothing & feeling a slight bit of resistance but still i don’t think it’s cutting.
i’m now playing with different angles on the razor and still nothing as weird as it may sound,
i mean i must have been taken of a little.
Another quick splash & im thinking again iv hardly cut a hair.
I’m now as confused as confused could be,
i can feel iv taken something maybe.
So third pass out comes the AS-D2
i stick the Sharp blade in excuse the pun but here i go third pass,
Yes i can hear it cut BUT not very well
No drag, no pulling, infact no anything lol :ROFLMAO:
The bottom line
i still enjoyed brushing a lather on my face & cutting fresh air lol but nonetheless a learning curve.
Now i can’t wait to have another shave with the same blade off course but different razor.
Still i don’t know what’s happened, normally if iv got blunt blades it drags, well not this one
Maybe it was like a ninja blade that cut that fast i couldn’t see it lol NOT
never mind onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads
Anyone else used these what’s your experience?
E96B97E3-E111-4FDF-8202-3BCC64AEA4F3.png

Wednesday

Happy New Year all!

Mitchfat
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
ER 1912 Streamline
Gem SS PTFE
Santa Maria Novella Herb Water

An outstanding shave with the Streamline (@mpf9ret). No astringency or burn from the Herb water but very refreshing.

View attachment 82475

And always good to see you on the SOTD

Thu 6 SOTD
Soap LaToja Stick
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade American Shave Platinum 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Malibu Splash
This soap does not look impressive but boy, upon lathering...which was really easy, the lather is very impressive. A pleasant mild scent together with a super creamy, and very slick lather...must use this for straights. Outstanding soap!
An excellent shave with the razor paired with the blade+2 shims. Forgotten I have 1 shim plus a previous SilverStar blade inside. The result was great...in 3passes for a bbs finish. The aftershaves were terrific as well.
20220106_101015.jpg

SOTD : 6th January 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade: Sunny Supreme Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Pearl SBF-11 TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Sunny Supreme Stainless blade which has performed well feeling smooth and efficient throughout the week and has paired together well with each razor.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave to finish my first shaving week of 2022 with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB..

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 06-Jan
20220105_144425.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: WK Double Agent
Razor: CG Level 2 (New)
Blade: Astra SP (1)

Had to be a swift/safe shave this morning, the little one was up most of the night. Sudden shock of being in isolation for 10 days surrounded by family to then being shipped off to nursery for the day. So as you can imagine just a tad groggy so couldn't be doing with any adventurous shaves. Even though I went the safe route I still managed to nick myself, been a good while since that's happened...just thankful I didn't reach for the dart or the R41 Ti, I would have been more likely to slice my nose off.

Despite the slight mishap, still a good smooth finish, a little bit sensitive but that's down to me!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

270769150_308713001026834_6275897682712041192_n (2).jpg
Prep: Shower, 4711 shower gel
Soap: TDS Lilac
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (2)

Nearing the end of the TDS Lilac. I'm sure I'll return to buy more from them at some point, but plenty of others to use up first!

256E9833-E498-4CFC-AB49-68446FA00704.jpeg

SOTD: 06/01/2022

Razor: Yaqi Telstar
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Yaqi Green Puck
Aftershave: Channel Allure EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Ben Cruachan Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

It’s a Yaqi day, (not that they deserve it for screwing up my aftershave order and now saying it can’t be shipped to the UK!). My first shave with Telstar was… ok. It’s fairly blade forward and feels mid aggressive because of it but never like it’s going to do you damage just occasionally like it might take a layer of skin off! I wouldn’t say it’s super smooth or rough, I’ve certainly had worse shaves and razors, it’s just a bit much for my normal preferences. That said it’s a first use and the Blackbird was very aggressive for me at first, so like that I expect as I get used I’ll be able to dial it in further and get more comfortable with it. I like it enough but it’s needs more than one use to judge it. The handle feels amazing so that will be in the den regardless. It’s well put together and for the price I definitely can’t complain, I’ve just been spoilt with the Masamune and Blackbird!
The soap and brush combo were amazing and I love this soap just a shame I or we don’t seem to be able to get the splashes anymore.
Have a great day everyone!

Back
Top Bottom