SOTD : Saturday 1st September - Friday 7th September 2018.

Thursday 6th September 2018
SOTD.jpg

Pre shave: Warm shower and Nivea face wash
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Personna (#1)
Soap: Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band finest
Bowl: Korium
Post shave: Alum block, cold water splash and Thayer's Cucumber witch hazel
AS: Lab Series balm

No nicks or weepers, but not a very close or smooth shave. I had already noted that many had mentioned how the modern Personna was not the best blade in an Injectomatic, they were right. It works and I have had many worse shaves but considering how well the Chinese Schicks and the Shick Prolines work in the PAL Injectomatic, I will not be repeating this combination. The Personna blade works really well in the Supply V2 for me so at least the rest of the Personna blades I have will still have a purpose.

Edwin Jagger DE89L, Gillette Platinum
Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic
Taylor's Sandalwood Soap
Blue Stratos AS
Astral

I do love my 89L as although it was my second DE razor, it was the first to yield a proper shave on a regular basis. The first was a Gillette Superspeed that I struggled with so I PIF'd it after I found joy with the EJ. My Merkur 34c now surpasses it but only just.The feel of the handle, weight and balance, surety of grip and all round effectiveness means it's just a more reliable and easy daily driver. Pot metal maybe but an excellent and effective razor for beginner and seasoned shaver alike.

The TOBS soap continues to impress but the big knotted Whipped Dog produced a better, slicker lather although I was in rather a rush this morning and it no doubt impacted upon the the result. Very good shave all the same.

I have some other Taylor's Sandalwood goodies en route so am looking forward to bathing in aromatic, woody luxuriousness!

9b7c7d91843a708e50a3c46ed2ea3db4.jpg

Tonight's SOTN. [emoji41]

Rex Ambassador with Sputnik and Feather Blades
Shavemac TSR 2016 LE D01 3-Band
Faena Corinthian and JE Atkinson's Cream Uber Lather
Sweyn Forkbeard Pre-Shave Oil
Extro Positano AS Balm

Second shave with the Rex tonight.

I ended up with a 4 pass shave swapping between a Sputnik and a Feather on each pass.

The drag was noticeable again even with razor dialled down to it's lowest setting below 1.

Again it reminded my of an oxidised Blackbird in this respect and the skin sucking effect was by no means unpleasant.

Result = another successful and very smooth shave. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: OSP Bay Rum
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Pro

No pic today, sorry.
Three days growth was swept away effortlessly by the wonderful Cobra, aided on its way by the equally wonderful OSP Bay Rum soap.
Talking of Bay Rum my search may be over.
The Black Bay goes on with a mild menthol feel which tones the skin nicely, and once the opening note of pond water dies down, (only about 5-10 secs), the lovely warm bay appears, with no sweetness nor no top lip numbing cloves.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Last edited:
Thursday 6th September 2018
View attachment 38190

Pre shave: Warm shower and Nivea face wash
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Personna (#1)
Soap: Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band finest
Bowl: Korium
Post shave: Alum block, cold water splash and Thayer's Cucumber witch hazel
AS: Lab Series balm

No nicks or weepers, but not a very close or smooth shave. I had already noted that many had mentioned how the modern Personna was not the best blade in an Injectomatic, they were right. It works and I have had many worse shaves but considering how well the Chinese Schicks and the Shick Prolines work in the PAL Injectomatic, I will not be repeating this combination. The Personna blade works really well in the Supply V2 for me so at least the rest of the Personna blades I have will still have a purpose.
The Prolines work beautifully in my Injectomatic. I have it on authority that the Chinese Schick blades may render it quite harsh (YMMV, though). It is an assertive razor, the Injectomatic, not called a ‘Schick-Buster' for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom